Thursday, February 14, 2008

All You Need Is Love...


OK, I’ll be the first to admit this is a gratuitous post. It gives me the opportunity to use and delete two images that I’ve been holding onto for a while.

However, I feel like I’m cheating the readers if I just leave it at this. Cute, big deal, but I will use this post to reflect upon last year.

Last year our pal Tryan (the stat whore) had a contest on his website to give away some wonderful locally produced food items. I think it may have been a ploy to boost his stats. I’ve given up on my stats. If you notice I’ve removed my counter because I don’t want feel obligated to numbers and I don’t care who is looking and who is not. I mean, Rust is just blog, not a business and your humble narrator is just another dopey blogger…BFD. Anyway, the rules of how to get points in Tryan’s contest were confusing at best, but somehow I ended up being a winner. Auntie L was a winner as well. Auntie, being a nosey sort badgered me to find out when I would be going to pick up my prize and wouldn’t you know, she showed up at the same time.

I was going to lie and not show up when I said I would, but I’m honestly glad I did. Auntie has become a true friend. She has personally helped me out on several occasions and only laughs when I complain about her driving instead of telling me to get out and walk. She has been a voice of reason when ever my thought process starts going to the dark side. She is a gifted painter and I’m proud to have one of her pieces hanging on a wall of prominence in my house.

Though I may be expressive in my writing, I am not a big communicator. Auntie understand and gives me my space, but every once in a while she will phone me to check in to say hi and ask how I’m doing.

Auntie has found true love this year, and my wish for her that the love forever remains as vivid as it is now for her. She is a good person with a lot to give and a lot of love in her heart. And if I may, today I send some extra love her way.

12 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I second the vote for Auntie love on this Hallmark holiday!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Gosh Guy, I am honored to be have received the dubious honor of being the subject of one of your wonderful posts. Thank you!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

At least it wasn't a Sick Day, Auntie!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expression in writing makes a great Hallmark. One that can be set on a shelf seen on a day to day basis.
Words from the mouth, if not really influencial, will flow in one ear and out the other.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

10:20 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I guess all of you have forgotten my two posts for VD last year.
Valentine

And who could ever forget Need a Card

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

I like the Auntie tribute, she's a class act.(and as for you, us reclusive types gotta support each other)-Old Indian Geezer

12:23 PM  
Blogger Crowbar said...

Funny how you've chosen to abbreviate the day as VD. Coincidence? I think not. Your dark side is alive and well.

4:13 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

She is a good kid. Don't tell anyone but she called me earlier and told me it made her cry.

Crowbar, I am always seeking balance in my life.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

We here at Chez MOT are big Auntie fans. She, Uncle B and the Auntiettes are like members of our very odd family. She deserves the bloggy love.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh....Guy is getting all sappy on us.....

Weird that it's already been a year since then...seems like a few weeks ago.

As for being a stat whore....yes sadly I have it bad.

If you knew half the things I do behind the scenes to try and boost my visitor count you would probably puke....speaking of puking I have a good gif animation for your next sick day post.

11:45 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mo3, I agree though I think it's kind of weird that she's dating her uncle.
Oh, what, I get it, she's Auntie, so he becomes Uncle by default. So it isn't incest after all.

Tryan, do you think it's easy for me to be a douche every day? No, I have to let the sunshine and lolly pops out every now and then. Let's call it a love dump.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home