Saturday, February 16, 2008

Being Drawn Out


It's funny how many of us bloggers are alike. Many of us like our anonymity and we share just enough to make it known that we really do exist in this community and aren't just characters that we invent.

I was discussing reasons for anonymity with a fellow anonymous blogger on e-mail recently. He said, "Sounds like we're comic book characters, eh?"

The funny thing is that I have met this blogger before, years ago. I probably wouldn't recognize him now, and I doubt he remembers me, though we both remember where we met.

Anyway, back to his comic book character comment; I'm so glad that there is technology these days that allow you to be drawn as a cartoon character. You may have seen me as a South Park character in a post a couple weeks ago. Above is me as a Simpsons' character. Those of you who know me know this is a pretty good likeness. Don't you think so?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect!!!

jb

8:21 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I didnt even have to read the post, just saw the picture and said....."oh, there's our Guy!"

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

That's pretty much how I've always pictured you in my head. Except less jaundiced. :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought about this a lot before I started my blog then I decided I want to own it and be it. So I did it openly

Wow

10:09 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

OK, that really made me laugh.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Jaggy, he IS that jaundiced !!! All that booze he drinks has gone to his liver....

2:55 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Stop it Auntie, I've never been a drinker, and I've tried hard to become one. Just couldn't get the hang of it. As for the color, you can pick your color in the site which I'll tell you about in a minute.

Chantel, you are so honest in your blog that if you did post anonymously I'd think you were stretching the truth, but being that you "Own it", I believe every word. Really, no shit.

If any of you want to have your self drawn as a Simpson, just type draw me as a Simpsons' character, in a search engine and you will be taken to some Burger King site. You will need to up-load a photo of a certain size and then a couple minutes later up pops a drawing that you can alter, but it's basically you. Too funny. I bet Syd is working on hers right now.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://simpsonizeme.com/

Dude, this rocks!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

that's pretty cool - and based on my knowledge you aren't that yellow. ; )

9:22 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Irish Pink wasn't an option.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home