Monday, May 12, 2008

Very Superstitious


Though I always believed myself to be immune from superstition; I realized that I may be more superstitious that I would like to admit to being. No, I don’t make the sign of the cross or make any predictable repetitive movements that would indicate ritual superstitious behavior; however I am a member of Triple A. It used to be that I would have a mechanical breakdown at least once a year that required a tow truck. Since getting Triple A five years ago I have yet to need their services. I know the minute I drop the coverage I will need a tow, so I will continue re-upping my membership every year.

Next, remember all those posts I did about every time I take my truck anywhere the check engine light would come on. I bought a code reader last year and stuck it in the glove compartment in the truck. The light hasn’t gone in since I bought it.

I wonder what other things I could do to make my life smoother in the long run. This is not an invitation for people to reply and suggest prayer.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Prayer might be useful - for me. I recently canceled my annual furnace maintenance contract with the gas company/dastardly monopoly. It could be an expensive winter.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are definitely a candidate for prayer.

If you don't, I will. It's just a habit I have.

Even with prayer, life will still happen.

Consider yourself a victim of life.

And Murphy.

I'm praying Guy lets me borrow his code reader. ;-)

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, Depending on how old your furnace is... Actually if it is older than 10 years old it might cost less in the long run to replace it. They raise the efficiency of those things every day.

G, I see your time spent in Warrenton has left you with a prayer problem. If it makes you feel better... As for the code reader, I always keep it in the truck and would be happy to meet up with you. Just email me at bbpress@intergate.com
Also give the gas cap an extra turn. That will usually fix it.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the gas cap?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Somehow, it rarely seems to rain when I have my umbrella. And if it looks like rain, but I optimistically bring my sunglasses instead of my umbrella, it seems to always rains. When I really want to mess with the weather gods, I bring my sunglasses and an umbrella.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have triple A because my husband loves to lock his keys in his car. Since we got it two years ago he hasn't done it once. My receptionist even remarked the other day it had been quite a while since I've had to go "Rescue" my husband.

7:52 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

G, maybe you should put some electrical tape over the check engine light and hope for the best.

Frank and CCF, I feel vindicated. Thanks.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home