Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mile Stone


When I started this blog I never envisioned it would come to this, but today Astoria-Rust celebrates its 1,000th post. Who knew I could pile it so high for so long.

I no longer write about politics and I rarely write about how quirky I am any more. I'm sure if I stick with it for another thousand posts I'll find that I'm no longer writing about the sort of stuff I'm writing about now.

Some of you have been reading since the start. What could have you done with those one thousand minutes had you not come here every day? That's nearly 17 hours you've spent reading this blog, and if you commented on a regular basis...it's nearly a life time. I know some of you want to be polite and say it was worth all 17 hours, but really, if you were told you only had 17 hours left to live would you still spend it reading this blog? Sadly, I would probably spend some of my last 17 hours writing this blog.

So thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me. Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. Thanks to all that read every day and tell me in person that you are too shy to comment, I know you are there. I hope I can keep it interesting for you.

14 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Quite the accomplishment! And you’re right – I love ya but if I had 17 hours left to live I wouldn’t be reading your blog.
If you had 17 hours left, your last few posts would be fascinating.
(Such morbid thoughts on such a momentous occasion.)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

It depends on how I felt during my last 17 hours. If I were sick from some terminal disease and couldn't do anything else, I'd probably be reading blogs.

Congrats on 1,000 hours.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

For a Guy who often says "I'm almost out - I only have three left, that's all I have written" ahead of time when I ask how your writing is coming, you have amazingingly made it to 1000.

Congratulations.

6:13 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Guy, I don't begrudge a moment of the time I have spent here. And if I had limited time left I'd still be wanting to see what you had to say next. You inspired me to get into this whole blogging thing in the first place, after all. I've only made 155 posts so far and I was going to celebrate when I got over 1,000 hits. But I got busy and missed it completely. Just went and checked and I'm now over 3,400. That just blows me away.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

Happy 1000!

7:20 AM  
Blogger loopymamain06 said...

Congrats Guy!
loopy

10:22 AM  
Blogger g said...

way to go!

4:32 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, stick around. If I know I'm going I'll write about it. And if one day the posts stop without an explanation it's because I died without advance warning.

Donna, you must have thousands of posts since you post several times a day. How many are you up to now?

Auntie, yeah I'm worried, I only have posts written to cover the weekend and Monday. I swear I'm out of topics this time.

Darev, I'm delighted yous sister shared the site with you. I sued to be a stat whore, but one day I decided to take it off the site. It still runs but I can't see it. I have to log into a site to see the stats. Now I'm curious, I'll have to check what I'm up to. OK, I'm getting around 80 hits a day and my total is 82,191 since I started using this counter.

Thanks Jaggy, Loopy and g.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Wow, 1000 posts, that's pretty amazing. I think it will take me another 3 years of blogging before I reach 1000 posts.

Well, here's wishing you 1000 more.

11:32 AM  
Blogger weese said...

hmm, I didn't start at the beginning. So probably its only been about 11 hours for me.
Pretty good 11 hours all in all, I'd say.

happy 1k

4:42 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I guess I'm still a stat whore. (grin) But I got my first hits from south america and russia the other day! The only continent I have never had a hit from so far is africa. Time will tell.

5:06 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Zoe I'm happy you visit.

Weese, I wouldn't wish the archives on you.

Darev, you'll get over it. Most of the stuff from other countries are people searching fro photos or email addresses.

7:04 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

there isn't a blog out there where i enjoy wasting time more...

:)

12:09 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks,Dalia.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home