Monday, August 24, 2009

Miss Me?



If you’ve been reading here for a while you may know that I don’t get up early every morning, write a piece and up-load it here. I write these posts as they come to mind and I bank them. I like to keep at least a week ahead. Sometimes I’ve even had a months worth of posts lined up in the Q for posting. Sometimes I am hammering away at 9pm the night before.

I’ve also said in the past that I often write so I can get something out of my mind to make room for something new. Once it is posted the urgency of remembering something is lifted and I can move on.

One of the problems with having posts all lined up to go is that once I’ve written something I forget about it. Often people will ask me what my topic will be tomorrow, and I honestly don’t remember. When writing I try to anticipate what day I will be posting and if there is any significance. Today (real today, Sunday) I will be returning from three days of horse camping. I will be concerned with the comments I haven’t responded to over the last couple of days. I will have one email account filled with Free Cycle messages. I will have ten of so voice messages. I will smell like a camp fire and be wondering why I had to bring all the stuff that I now have to pack up, bring home and store until next time.

I will have just lived through three days of being with friends and finding inspiration for future blog posts. So, I apologize for not replying to your comments for the last few days. I’ll catch up, but first I’ll have to go back and see which articles I posted while I was gone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Welcome back :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

No apologies! Blogging breaks are good for you. (I should know...)

5:46 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Dang.... I wish I could get that far ahead of myself. Here I am on nine days vacation and I have to try and make something up to post every night. Coming up on my one year blogging anniversary and I'm still a rookie, I guess.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

A vacation, while you are on vacation. Blogging is not really a chore to you, or you wouldn't do it!
That being said, I did wonder about you the first night you didn't do your all inclusive "wrap up" response. Then I remembered you were camping.... Hope you had a great time.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Unpacking is the suckiest part of it all. I'll admit it...sometimes everything is still sitting where I dropped it as I come in the door....two weeks prior. (or more?)

10:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks Tango, Darlin.

Beth, You had the summer break I long for.

Darev, just write down your thoughts when they come to you and then sit down once or twice a week and hammer them out.

Auntie, I did have a good time, better than years past. I like to check in with those who reply to the posts here. It's like sending out thank you cards.

Amy, I can't rest rest until everything is put away. And once things were put away I had a really good nap.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home