Sunday, August 02, 2009

Recycled Buildings


When I look around my place I see a lot of things that I have made or built. It’s funny how many things I’ve been able to make with recycled material. All the glass in my greenhouse is from recycled windows or glass doors. Other things I’ve made came from recycled doors or wood. Some things were once book shelves and not have a life as something else.

This does not mean that I haven’t supported City Lumber over the last two decades; I’d say next to the feed store and the grocery store they get most of my money.

Our Darling Scion loving Tango sent me this web site, and for those of you that are into building things out of recycled material, you’ll find this site fun in concept.
Click Here

9 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

:)
I'm thinking of using them to insulate the bottom of my home. They actually fit in the back seat of my toaster. Maybe by the beginning of the year, I'll have enough to go all the way around.

5:45 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, don't you have a friend with a truck?

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Pam said...

Guy, you have a truck.....what's a little drive like that gonna hurt? You only have the WHOLE month of August off work now.

Go help a friend out!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Yeah...what Pam said :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Alot of my projects are made from pieces of older projects that we didn't need anymore. It's getting harder and harder to find pieces of wood without screw holes in them. I knew a guy a few years ago who made all of the cabinets in his house out of recycled pallet wood. Even though he was a complete loss, his cabinets were nice.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Bad Pam said...

its getting harder to find people without screw-holes in them too. Like in the brain region. LOL

9:27 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

You don't miss a "fix-it" type man until he is gone.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Since we're slowly rehabbing this old 93 year old house without borrowing money, SH has gotten really great at using absolutely everything. There is very little waste in this project.

11:11 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I just use pallets to keep the hay off the floor.

Tango, I don't think they have a good R value unless yoe set them on fire.

I am not driving to Virginia. I'd rather fly and rent a truck there.

Darev, It takes a lot of work to make things out of pallet wood. I had some that were made from mahogany, but the smelled like rat piss.

Pam, be nice.

Paula, that like never missing the water until the well runs dry. That's why we do it all so you'll miss us when we are gone.

Mo3, I wish SH would start blogging again.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home