Saturday, July 25, 2009

Seldom Seen


I must be somewhat invisible or outstanding. I’ve avoided all sorts of things that most people get sucked into. There are a few things in particular that I will not mention because I know some readers here could easily change that for me. One thing I will mention is that I am nearing my 54th year and I have yet to hear a peep from the AARP. Normally they jump on you the day before your 50th birthday.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I’m not really going to be 54 at all. Maybe I’m getting younger. Or, maybe I’m invisible or already dead and I just haven’t noticed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

What?? I can't believe it!!

AARP has been sending me stuff since I was 46. I got so tired of it that I applied. They of course said that I didn't qualify, so I was denied.

The next month it started all over again.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Hey, your from Jersey, how do we know you ain't in witness protection?

6:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I suspect that they have heard of you and they are frightened.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

*I* wanna be invisible! That way people would leave me alone.

10:21 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, you caved in and tried to join? I guess their gorilla campaign works.

Auntie, that was a common belief when I first moved here, but had I been in the WPP I would never tell people I was from NJ.

Darev, I'd get my dues worth out of them.

Amy as a wife and mother the only way for you to ne alone would be to have your self committed, but then there are all the orderlys that will be bothering you all the time.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

Stay under the radar. A friend started going backwards at 39...it works for him. On the other hand, My hubby's aunt has a hard time convincing people that she IS old enough...and she DOES get great discounts.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Ginger, I need to check out that discount market I keep hearing about. I don't do a lot of consuming of movie going, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home