Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thing Of Others


It’s always kind of weird driving someone else’s car. I’m used to driving my truck, and I drive my wife’s car often enough that it doesn’t feel strange. I recently drove my wife and the horses over to ride at Delaura Beach. She is just getting used to driving the truck and trailer, but I could see a major problem developing if cars were parked in the turn-around areas.

Our friend who was going to ride with her met us there. The truck was pointed in the right direction for the drive home and rather than wait I drove our friend’s car home. She had one of those furry steering wheel covers and that was really disturbing. It reminded me of one of those furry toilet seat covers. I drove on without removing it.

On the other hand, my wife drove the horse trailer over to ride with another friend and she was having difficulty turning the trailer around at our friend’s farm so our friend offered to turn it around for her. When my wife drives she is so focused that she doesn’t hear anything that comes through on the speakers, but after turning the truck and trailer around, our friend hops out of the truck and asks, “What the hell are you listening to?”

I had left Eminem in the player and she got a full two minute dose of some interesting lyrics. My wife came home and reported to me this to me and suddenly I was a bit worried what our conservative friend had heard. I saw her on the camping trip and I asked if she wanted a copy of the CD; she didn’t.
I probed further to find out exactly what song was on the player at the time. She gave me some of the words and I was relieved. It was a mild tune. I was hoping it wasn’t the one where he said something about wanting to sleep with Christine Agulara even if she was his mother he wouldn’t use a rubber and then he’d have a son and a brother and deny it was his. That would have been over the top and I would have felt obliged to apologize.

11 Comments:

Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

if say, the "sound of music" soundtrack was loaded up and blasting out, would you have felt the need to apologize for that?

*blink*

smile

4:32 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

When others hear the music you love and play, it’s like they get a glimpse inside your soul – see another side of you. And I think that’s a good thing.
(Although Eminem’s lyrics can often push this “good thing” to its limits...)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

OMG, was it AB? or the H.R.?

7:34 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Once again, I don't want to comment on what that sort of music says about your brain. Maybe they will find a cure some day.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love that steering wheel cover.

Take comfort in that fact that your wife wasn't playing Me So Horny.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

That's hilarious!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Irish, or worse yet, the Back Street Boys.

Beth, "You don't really wanna F... with me, the only N.... I trust is me. That's the Devil, they always want to dance..."

Auntie AB's Driveway.

Darev, now just go down to the shop and recess that ash tray.

Amy, I'm just glad she wasn't playing any other song on that CD.

Tango, you have a mean streak, don't you, Hon?

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

You crack me up.

7:34 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ginger, I live to entertain.

5:18 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

i would pay some hefty sum to pull up beside you to see you rapping along.

that would have made my MILLENNIUM.

9:12 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darlin, for you, no charge.

Crack a bottle, let you body waddle, don't act like a snobby model you just hit the Lotto, U-OU, U-Oh, bitches in my Tahoe...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home