Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Wild Ones


We were riding our horses in the hills over in Washington last week. It was a warm day where one wanted to stay out of the open as much as possible. There were a lot of cool wooded trails but every once in a while there would be an opening in the canopy where we would be swarmed by horse flies. Head back into the cool woods and the flies disappeared.

These open spots were also havens for wild blueberry bushes. We would stop and pick hand-fulls until we couldn’t stand the fly predation anymore and then we would dart back into the woods for relief.

Somehow the taste of those choice wile blueberries made the swarms all worth while. Even the horses got their share.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Tastee...part of my garden on Blogsland Lane has blueberries in it :-) and my mom makes the best blueberry ice cream ever!

4:51 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Yummy. Wild blueberries. I have to make do with store bought. Pfui.

6:54 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Teri, I can see where bb ice cream would be great. I should make some.

Darev, my work is done.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home