Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Names of Home


I find it funny how we name things around our place. As you’ve read here recently our chicken coop and pen is called Super Max.

We have a guest bedroom that is the quietest room in the house. It has a small window with dark drapes. It is the perfect place for a nap so we call it the Snooze Hole.

We have three outside doors to our house, but one door is called the Forbidden Door that no one is allowed to enter or exit.

When I built the horse stalls we called them the horses’ offices.

Back when my wife moved in we condensed two homes into one so we rented a storage locker and it didn’t take me long to figure out that I could build a storage shed for the price of four-months rent. My wife said in India a prince built the Taj Mahal for his love. We have since given away all the extra stuff and that shed is now my work shop, but my shop is still known as the Taj Mahal.

Any ideas for the new manure shed?

20 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Of course, if I built it, it wouldn't exactly be straight or square or level and it would have to be called "The Winchester Mystery Shed."
How about:
The Perfume Factory
The manure mansion
The Rotunda (after all, it is full of sh*t)
That's all I got for now. I'll give it some thought.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The obvious would be “The Shit Hole” but I hope you get more creative than that.
In the basement, we have what is referred to as “The Bachelor Pad” and occasionally I venture in – what a pit. But comfortable.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Ye Old Shite Hole

The Office

The Ol' Factory. (get it?)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

Shit Shack! (hehe, Auntie's last one is good, it made me giggle)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warrenton

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wall-Mart

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Forrester's Office

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any ideas for the new manure shed?


Marc Auerbach's skull?

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Joseph said...

Daily Crap-torian

or the

Crap-a-torium

11:08 AM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

casa caca.

douche dungeon.

burger king.

6:36 PM  
Blogger g said...

sounds like all the good ones are already taken.

7:14 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I agree with g. I got back too late to claim any of the good ones.

"Guys Crapetorium"

I can make you a sign.

9:07 PM  
Blogger richpix said...

The Flop House

10:00 PM  
Blogger richpix said...

Or Plop House

10:03 PM  
Anonymous PM said...

Grasspoops peehole?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

"The Honey House"

5:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

OK, I have to tell you that I laughed out loud, (which I rarely ever do) at the name, "Warrenton."

Steve Forrester's Office was a dandy as well, but "The Daily Astorian" may be more fitting.

Flop and plop house is good but would be better suited for cow manure.

Jaggy, that's my pet name for some local eateries.

Donna, I need to reserve Honey House for the real honey house I will be building in the future.

Darev and Heather, I'm trying to keep it a name with local significance. Y'all are going to have to visit sometime.

I'm going to wait a couple more day for those of you that slept on it and then I'll make a decision. Thanks for playing along.

5:40 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

the poop coop

the dunghole

the cacateria

the shite house

the crap shack

smellrose place

9:45 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

the puckery

9:46 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Sorry Dalia, I think The Daily Astorian won.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home