Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm A What? No Way, No How!


I recently wrote about a local controversial topic where I live and believe it or not I don’t even recall what it was now, either something about LNG or the twisted people trying to recall several of the County Commissioners over a totally legal land use decision they made.

Regardless of the topic, the piece generated a lot of comments and even more personal email to me than usual. Someone mentioned that I was a journalist. I had to laugh, because I am only a journalist in the respect of Astoria-Rust is like a personal journal to me. It’s actually more like a diary to me so maybe I am actually a Diarrheaist.

Upon further thought I should never be confused as being a journalist and neither should the staff or a particular local paper. After all I reply to comments often with the words “Douche Bag” included in my reply. Christ, I even called people Puking Ass Clowns in that post. What journalist does that?

The funniest comment was emailed to me the next day. The reader said something like, “You write this article and get everyone thinking and reconsidering their position and instead of following up the next day with more of the same, you write about taffy. WTF?”

True and that crossed my mind when I opened the post the next day as well. I laughed at myself over it. I write these posts long in advance and after a day or two I forget what I have coming up. Sometimes I even shock myself at the ridiculous juxtapositioning of the articles. I can’t even imagine what article will come after this one.

Moving on…

8 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

You're a literary flash mob of one. One that is randomly, occasionally, accidentally topical.

Damn good show.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

No confusion here

9:59 AM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

Might wanta rein that ego in a bit

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeeze Patrick, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

At least The Guy actually WRITES, and very eloquently. Any "ego" you think he needs to rein in is well earned.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jaysus Says said...

Patrick you aren't intelligent enough to be confused. Too bad Dad shorted you in the smarts bag that you call your head.

So say the Lord...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

Anonymous said...
"Jeeze Patrick, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

At least The Guy actually WRITES, and very eloquently. Any "ego" you think he needs to rein in is well earned."


I agree he does write and I share news and have no pretense of doing otherwise and you visit my site as well don't you?

1:28 PM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

wait...do you have to have penis to comment here? just asking.

4:16 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I like the flash bob concept. Thanks dude!

Patrick, you sucked all the air from the room. Damn dude, I don't piss in your pool.

Anon, Thanks for the compliment, now my head is getting bigger.

JaysusX, are you one and the same as JesusH that was on Dried Salmon?

Heather,apearently you don't need one, but it looks like it OK to be one.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home