Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The Truck


Sooner or later I always come to realize it’s time to get the truck fixed. This year has been a hard year on my truck concerning all things electrical. Earlier this year I blew out my speakers listening to Marilyn Manson, then my radio/CD player quit working. Then the two rear windows stopped working then the drivers’ side window would only go up or down if I held the switch and banged on the door. Since my air conditioner stopped working last year, my windows are my only air option. The blinkers only worked when I manually moved the lever up and down. Finally the drivers’ side head light would blink on and off at random. I could get under the hood and wiggle a wire and they would go on until I hit the first bump while driving.

So I replaced the stereo and the speakers. I replaced the directional control unit. Yesterday I replaced the master window switch and one window motor and the plastic piece that holds the head lamp. I’m pouring hundreds of dollars into this truck, but it’s less expensive than a payment on a new truck.

The truck seems to be holding its own now. It’s relatively clean. All I have left to do is replace the air compressor and the cracked windshield and it will be like a new truck, except for some of the dents. I may need to find something else to harp on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

If my son's ailing car could make it to Oregon, that would give you something else to harp on!

6:16 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Just one piece at a time and soon you will have a brand new truck. Only about 5,000 more pieces to go!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a quarter million miles my Subaru started eating some of my favorite tapes. The lights and windows were all fine but I knew I was near decision time. Sink about 3 grand into old faithful or bite the bullet and go new. I went the latter and got a new to me Subaru with 30,000 miles. LOve it.

11:15 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth no need to export troubles, I'll find something here to occupy my mind and writing.

Darev, right now five parts could make it whole again.

Tapes? Yeah, I guess it was getting old. I have to say my 81 Subaru wagon probably my favorite car out of all that came before and after.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home