Saturday, November 07, 2009

Follow Through


There is one thing you can count on with some people and that is that you can never count on them. Why do we even have that glimmer of faith that they will actually come through someday when we know they never will? Never, never, never … ever.

I’m sure I’m not the only person they let down. It’s in their genetic makeup to never follow through on commitments. Their promises seem so promising. You’d figure that by now they would have been totally banished from society, yet we stand hopeful that one day they will surprise us by following through on something.

6 Comments:

Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

ummm, i have a brother like that...

8:09 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

???? OK, now I am feeling paranoid. What did I forget?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

I have an Ex like that...Rat Bastard.

2:50 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Teri, be too, but I learned long ago to leave him alone.

Interesting that Darev is the only one of the readers here that fessed up. but I doubt the could match the unreliability I've seen in recent weeks.

Tango, he has other things on his mind.

5:32 AM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

he's not the only one "him who fessed".

sigh.

6:23 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Do I hear a confession coming from you, Heather?

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home