Sunday, December 06, 2009

Old Photos


I am in the process of decommissioning one of my old computers and as I do so I am going through all the files and making a copy of things that I have written long ago and photos that I took long ago as well. I will be sharing some of them here from time to time.

I came across a photo of a fence I built around my blueberries. This was when it was new and before I cut the posts to a reasonable length. This fence was pretty much destroyed in the storm of 2007, but I've since rebuilt it.

This winter I plan to enclose the entire garden inside a fence like this. It has worked very well in regards to keeping the deer out. It probably looks solid enough to them to keep them from jumping it. The only problem I’ve found with it is that it isn’t chicken proof so I’ll need to attach some bird netting to the bottom to prevent them from going in to feast.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Always doing battle with/trying to outwit nature – keeps your mind young and active!

5:37 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I'm glad you clarified that. I thought it was to keep the blueberries in! I was thinking "Holy snap!"

7:31 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Fancy!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Shelly Rayedeane said...

Wow. I've always admired people who could build things.

That is beautiful

3:07 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

OMG, Karlene would love that. She loves to build fortress-like fencing too.

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, I'm working on cheating death.

Darev, it to prevent critters from taking them out.

Auntie, Thanks.

Shelly, thanks, more to come soon. And welcome to Rust.

Syd, it's not as sturdy as you might think. The wood is simple 1 X 2.

7:46 PM  
Blogger petersteel said...

that was really nice to read that .. that was really great post.. it seem great.. i think Keep Pests Away with Bird Control Methods and here are some methods enlisted…try out some bird control tools at http://www.usabirdcontrol.com

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home