Monday, December 07, 2009

Sick Day XXXI


I am sick of Mozilla Firefox. Every time I download an update it removes features I like and it runs slower.

It used to be you could click the arrow on the address bar and it would display your most frequently used links and if you didn’t use a link for a couple weeks it would go away. The next version I got still had this feature, but old links didn’t go away. The new version 3.5.5 is only used to input an address. If you type a bunch of used addresses will come up, but that is a pain in the butt to me, so I have to use the book marks instead. There are only probably five addresses I use often and now I have to hunt them down in my bookmarks.

Then the next something happened to this program a couple months ago where it takes about 30 seconds to open up leaving me wondering if I double clicked well enough so I do it again and then I end up having two or three screens open. There is also a conflict with Java and the browser needs to close down whenever you run a Java application.

I would like to go back to MISE, but MISE doesn’t get along all that well with Google products. I’ve run Opera, but that sucks and is underpowered. Safari sucks, too.

Look Mozilla, if you want to continue screwing things up, at least let us go back to and earlier version that actually worked. Rat Bastards!

And while I'm at it what the hell is going on with Blogger's spam filter. Fortunately I found a way to avoid most of it, but some still gets through. Look if something is coming through in a language other that the one the blog is registered as, it's probably spam. If it has links to other internet addresses, it's probably spam. Fix it you Rat Bastards.

14 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I've seen a lot of people raving about Google Chrome. You might try that.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Joseph S. said...

Yep. Google Chrome is where it's at. I use it along with Safari for pretty much all of my web browsing needs.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That picture is AWFUL first thing in the morning!
And now I’m wondering what’s wrong with me – I’m not having any trouble with Firefox. Have I not (am I not) using it to its utmost capability? Whatever that is…

5:47 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

If for some reason Firefox closes without saving my tabs, I save favorites in Bookmark Toolbar so I can get to it fast.

The regular bookmarks I only use once in a while...since it's about 6 ft long by now.

Then I also email links to myself on gmail and mark them with those colored thingies. Purple stars for sites that I visit often, green for upcoming assignments, red for business related items. This is also good since I can get to them on any computer.

I have the same problem opening Firefox in the morning. I thought it was just me with too many tabs opening at the same time.

I need to give Chrome another chance, but Firefox works so nicely with the blogs and I don't have to adjust the size of the fonts every time I open it.

6:18 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I have been having a few issues with firefox, but a lot less than I was having with internet explorer. It gets cranky and temperamental at times, but hey, so do I!

6:56 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Don't mean to be smug (yes I do), but the Iceweasel browser running on Linux works great.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Sick Days bring me JOY ! And hey, that is a re-run photo, Guy.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo has become tradition, Auntie.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

That picture reminds me, I haven't watched my daily E.R. rerun.

10:36 AM  
Blogger g said...

Google Chrome. It's pretty darn fast and without bloat. I'm so addicted to the FF add-ons I could not do without.

One thing that helps though is speedyfox:
http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox

I run it once a week and it clears out the cache nicely.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Firefox loves to quit on me now. I used to love using it, but now it's become a big pain in the butt. A big pain in a big, slow butt.

Fixing what ain't broke is just some folks trying to justify their positions.

Every so often I get Blogger span, strangely it's on older posts, and it's stupid ads. I delete them immediately, of course, but how annoying.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

I use Firefox at work and usually at home, but The Man uses Chrome. We like both, but I've started looking into Chrome myself. I have a Mac at work, and Chrome is only for PCs as of this week. It's a toss-up.

I agree, though, Safari and Opera suck.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Jaggy, the Beta version of Chrome for Mac is up now.

5:12 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Funny how softwear usually changes for the worst. Look at MS Office, remember the down fall of Word Perfect. This list goes on for ever. I will try chrome.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home