Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nose


I don’t get it! Why is it, it seems, humans are the only animals that get stuffy noses? I’ve seen animals sneeze, but I’ve never seen an animal with a stuffy nose. It’s a good thing for horses since they are incapable of breathing through their mouths. Humans can do that so they have an alternate, but it just isn’t fair that our best breathing devices is sometimes out of service.

We all know how it feels to have spent the night breathing through out mouths and we wake up with our tongues feeling like leather or suede. Sometimes blowing one’s nose doesn’t make it any better. Sometimes it makes it worse. Even worse, sometimes it helps just a little frustrating any hope of relief.

I recall flying into San Francisco one day with some mild stuffiness however as soon as the plane started descending I started feeling piercing pain through out my entire head. As the half hour of descending continued it continued getting worse. It took me two weeks to get back to normal after that.

As I write this my nose is stuffy. It’s the kind of stuffy where it wouldn’t be a good idea to fly, and it it isn’t the type to be cleared by a purge into a tissue. What's up with that?

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm having the same problem; I keep water beside the bed so I can get a drink when my mouth is dry. If I still have the problem Monday, I'm assuming it's sinusitis and I'm going for antibiotics. Because colds don't last two weeks.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...this is getting weird. I blast to the past with long forgotten tunes and then you post about it the next day. I progressively get stuffed up with a head cold yesterday and I wake up to this post. WTF Guy? Cut it out! What's next - a post about the miracle drug called peniscillin?

Moose

5:12 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

As I am getting older, I tend to get this problem in the fall and in the (false) spring apparently. my guess is allergies. deal with it, i am. who loves ya?

6:01 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I hear you!
Dry heat (rads) = stuffy nose every morning - despite using a humidifier.
And I have been reduced to tears from a cold/ear pain while traveling in an airplane.
May your nose de-stuff soon…

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat sometimes gets what seems to be a stuffy nose and snores. Weird.

6:18 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I have had defective sinuses all of my life and flying will leave me with a headache that lasts about two days. One of the reasons I will hopefully never fly again. I don't know if horses get stuffy, but I have been on the receiving end of a sleeve covered with horse snot before. The evil bastards.

8:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I loved your snotty replies...

5:16 AM  
Anonymous dalia said...

my dog gets stuffy, and shakes her head around trying to "unclog" it and does a lot of sniffling.

9:26 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Is it a pug?

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home