Friday, February 26, 2010

Rainier Beer


I recall someone telling their kids about how scary the movie the Wizard of Oz was. After watching it for the first time the kids just laughed and said it was lame.

There is no doubt that people of my generation came form a different place in history where things were more innocent and novel. A case in point is that we were discussing how funny the old Rainier Beer commercials were. I didn’t recall any of them since I am a rather recent transplant out here and I spent the first ten years here without access to local television.

So, being the curious type I hunted down all the commercials on YouTube and was sadly disappointed. I was even disappointed by the all-time-great Rainier Beer Motorcycle commercial.

I did find one ray of sun shine. You will too if you are a fan of the Noir.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I remember those. They were pretty funny at the time. I liked the old Henry Weinhards commercials better. "I've seen 'em! Them artesians! Little fellers they was...."

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigxaFBTAZ4

7:27 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Lame? The Wizard of Oz wasn't lame: that witch scared the crap out of me.

8:06 AM  
Blogger g said...

Being a former Rainier drinker, I can't help but think those commercials were my incentive to drink it.

Long live the Pounder!!

Fear the flying monkey.

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Times have changed. The things that shock and amaze us change. Is the human race growing up and becoming less naive? I want the simpler time myself where I wasn't suspicious that everything is a fraud.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Yeah, and now that I'm growed up...that cloud formation scares me!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home