Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Ain't Dead Yet


OK, calm the frig down. I just didn’t have an idea for a post yesterday. Between that and being too lazy to look through my tickler file of things I want to write about; I took an easy way out.

I am not closing down Rust any time soon, and if I were it wouldn’t be with a whimper of a pathetic post. There would be a count-down to the final day and there would be a party at the end. I’d even invite the people I’ve pissed off over the years.

Leslie did a Facebook post about the demise of Rust yesterday and she got responses from Rust readers; many I have never met, heard from or knew were reading regularly.

I liken Rust to a dairy farm. One doesn’t get a day off on a dairy. The first milking of the day is when I log in during the morning to reply to the comments from the previous days post. The next milking is when I return later and post a story or two that will post automatically at 4:00am on what ever date I want it to run.

There have been times where I’ve had something like 30 posts ready to go and there have been other times where I put the finishing key strokes at 10pm on a piece that will up-load at 4am.

I was heartened to see all the positive feed back on Leslie’s post. Thanks everyone, but I'm here to stay.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Nice to have you back :)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Not leaving comments in the blog world as often as I used to these days, but do want to let you know I’m glad you, “…ain’t dead yet.”

6:01 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Reminds of that scene in the Holy Grail "I'm not dead yet"....

Tango didn't seemed worried in the least bit, really.

And remember years ago when you used to take Sundays off? Maybe you should try to that again when feel that your creative juices are clogging.

Glad you aren't gone (yet) and thanks for the treats yesterday :)

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Ann Samuelson said...

OK, so a little break, but like many things we don't know the value until it's gone...realized I do look at this blog at least 5 days out of the week, on my shortened up computer time since I"m on the road so much. Know that I appreciate your perspective, and your humor! So glad you're back!

7:16 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Whew! Pant... pant... pant...

You had me worried there.

7:59 AM  
Blogger g said...

Did you say PARTY??

7:25 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, I never left.

Beth, thanks Hon.

Auntie, it was you that supposed I was leaving. You got everyone worked up, but I still love ya.

Ann, It's nice to see you commenting here now that politics no longer dictates what you should and should not react to. We still need to meet up for a drink someday. I have to tell you that you are one of the funniest women I know. I still laugh often about the cat spray comment.

Darev, easy, boy...

g, that would be fitting, wouldn't it?

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home