Sunday, February 28, 2010

College Radio


Some of my fondest memories were my days on a college radio station. Though I did have a lot of fun I could easily see how professional career in radio would be hideous. Often times the general managers of radio stations are jack asses; college radio included. However, I guess it would be better to work in radio than have a career in theater where just about everyone is an asshole.


Lately, I’ve been listening to college radio on the Internet from New York University, WNYU. College radio is where all the new sounds are brought to the world. New York, being a melting pot of so many cultures and influences is also a melting pot for sounds. Everything is present on WNYU; good and bad alike. If it catches someone’s ear it gets air play.


If you want to give WNYU a try, go to iTunes, select radio, select college/university and follow the alphabet down to WNYU. If you don’t like what you hear wait for the next DJ. They seem to have 2-hour air shifts.

1 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I used to love listening to college radio stations. They always seemed more relaxed than the commercial ones. There was always at least one late night deejay that talked through his nose and sounded like he was on valium. I wanted to do it myself, but they said I didn't have a good enough face for radio.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home