Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thanks Mo3



While I didn’t have a worthwhile idea to write about on Monday, with no intention of disrespecting Jaysus whose link I ran instead of a post; long time friend and blogger, Mother of Three sent me a list of things she’d like to see me write about.

Rather than spending a day writing about each, I’m going to write about all these topics all at once because they are all related and some I doubt I’ll have much to say about So here are Mo3 ideas:

1. "The frustration of writer's block and How to break writer's block " Being I am rarely on a paid deadline to produce anything I don’t really care about writers block. If I feel like I need to express myself when I don’t have ideas I’ll do something I’ve never done before and the unique experience will always bring on the words.

2. "Things I hate about other drivers" Ahh, you aren’t going to get me to say anything nasty about Auntie…

3. “Things I hate about other blogs" I avoid blogs I don’t like. Some of them are probably excellent blogs, but they just don’t strike me as something I’m interest in for one reason or another.

4. "Top 10 blog mistakes" For me, the one with a short attention span, I feel that long posts without illustration are very boring. Blogs that are so inside don’t interest me either. I also like blogs that post regularly, be it daily, weekly, monthly, or even seasonally.

5. "Worst things about getting old" Hurting in the places where I used to play. Really, just not having the energy I once had. I used to be able to do physical work for 12 to 16 hours a day. Now I have late starts, after 10. Then I have a nap around one, then I have lunch and I’m lucky if I get out again by 3 and I try to have it all over by 5:00pm

6. "Best things about getting old" Somehow I feel like I get more respect, like my white hair qualifies me as someone with expertise or something. I still feel I’m the same douche I’ve always been, I just look more respectable.

7. "Things I've learned about bloggers just by reading their blogs" There are people that shine from their writing. I’ve made a lot of friends, be it sometimes virtual friends. I’ve had people open up to me as I’ve opened to them. I’ve also lost friends because of my opinions. The blogs I read regularly these days and look forward to their every post is Beth’s, Darev’s, Donna’s, Syd’s and, Tango’s. There are others that don’t post quite so often that I enjoy as well, Amy, Dalia, Mother of Three to name a few. There are people like myself that have been around for years, like Jaggy, g and Mel, Weese and we still read one another , at least I know I’m reading their stuff. I’ve got to meet other blog friends, Lori Hahn and Trop. I love them dearly and read their every word. I have to say I do get upset when people shut their blogs down like Auntie and Heather. And I’m upset when people with a lot of humor to offer like Moose have no intention of ever blogging.

I guess if I have learned anything from the blogs I read is who is of good stable mental health and who is delusional. With Rust I see I am often both, but I’m not confessing to anything.

12 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I don't worry about writer's block either. This winter has been long and hard, and at times my blog has even bored ME. But I can always come up with something, even if it's only second-growth timber or wild grapevines.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

What??????? I heard that Auntie is opening her own cab company.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

So if I stop dying my hair (I HATE the process) I'd get more respect?

6:00 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Great post, Guy. Guess you still do have your creative juices and they never left you.

Tango, I would love to start a cab company if I could chauffeur The Guy around all day just to get the enjoyment of seeing the terror on his face at every corner.

6:16 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Aunties cabs....... brrrrrr......

Sometimes I will spend the whole day looking for something to write about and nothing happens. Then I get home and sit down and something falls out of my brain onto the keyboard. I don't read it when I'm done, I just post it and hope it makes sense.

And you are the sanest crazy person I have ever met.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5. "Worst things about getting old" Hurting in the places where I used to play. Really, just not having the energy I once had. I used to be able to do physical work for 12 to 16 hours a day. Now I have late starts, after 10. Then I have a nap around one, then I have lunch and I’m lucky if I get out again by 3 and I try to have it all over by 5:00pm

Anonymous says: forgetfulness; fatigue; things start heading south (bodywise); country music is starting to appeal to me, once in a while; 20 or 30 somethings call me Ma'am; forgetfulness;.......

6. "Best things about getting old" Somehow I feel like I get more respect, like my white hair qualifies me as someone with expertise or something. I still feel I’m the same douche I’ve always been, I just look more respectable.

Anonymous says: appreciate life much more today; actually learning from and not repeating the same mistakes; don't worry if someone doesn't like me; reformed enabler; a little more money in my pocket; one day closer to retirement.

2:24 PM  
Blogger g said...

I read about 20 or so blogs on a daily basis. It's amazing the good people (mostly virtual) that I have met along the way.

6:40 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, I wish I had some oak here. Also I'd like wild grape vines as well. We had a lot on the East coast and the forests would smell great in late summer.

Tango, how do you think they came up with the name, "Death Cab for Cutie."

Beth, sure would, and maybe get some senior discounts.

Auntie, like the time you drove me home and every breath was my last?

Darev, method and madness all in one.

Anon, you forgot the senior discounts, but you did remember forgetfulness.

g I wonder how many of your facebook friends are virtual.

5:40 AM  
Blogger g said...

I have actually met almost all of my friends on fb. I can't think of one I wouldn't have as a guest in my house.

Growing up, I went to 9 schools from kindergarten to college.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous dalia said...

hey! i get tired of whinging about my personal life! be happy it's only about once or twice a month! lol

12:12 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Even though Auntie drives a car with max wind resistance, i.e. a box, she still manages to shred up the roads.

For me, the greatest insult about getting older so far is being afraid to cough or laugh because you might wet yourself like a common toddler!

Feel free to get another list of ideas any time. It's what I used to do at the newspaper--I was the idear person.

Welcome back.

2:44 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks, Hon, but I was here all along.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home