Saturday, August 28, 2010

Am I Late?


Sometimes I have to check my archives to see if I’m on schedule. August is always a busy month for me.

I had my first ripe tomato this week, which is a week later than my first BLT last year. I just bought my annual package of bacon so I’ll get on that tonight.

I’m right about on schedule to pick black berries. I was picking them around the end of August last year. My blackberries ripen later than most in the area.

I’m going to start making zucchini bread this weekend. I usually make around 20 loaves and freeze them to use through out the year.

I am late for my annual trip to the transfer station. It’s time for a dump run and I’m sure I have a full load.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

mmmmmhhhhh zucchini bread :)

4:11 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Your tomatoes are just starting as mine are almost ready to quit.

4:13 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Luckily I can get ketchup and spaghetti sauce all year long. Whole tomatoes? I fear them, too.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good plan - that Zuke recipe worked out great. It's a good one - can't quite figure out what makes it taste different. Guess that's where the "Je ne sais quoi" comes from...think I'll do some freezing myself or maybe crawl into the freezer. Humidex is hitting 36C here this week...

Moose

4:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, You can bake it too.

Donna, remember, while you were sweltering all summer our temps were in the 60s.I have kept tomatoes going in the greenhouse until January before, though if I keep them going through November I'm happy.

Darev, you may need some therapy.

Moose, glad you liked it. Don't worry about the heat, you'll be having your first frost next week up there.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home