Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Still The Champion


Another traditional revelry around a camp fire is Jiffy Pop. Everyone I talk to tells me of their Jiffy Pop failures. Last year or two years ago I posted an article my Jiffy Pop success. I was put to the challenge again last weekend.

The fire seemed just right to me as I removed the paper lid. The error I made was shaking to container too much because the foil domed out at least half way before the first kernel popped. I was on the spot. I couldn’t fail and watch my successful Jiffy Pop standings go down the drain. I relaxed and let the fire do its work. Soon the first kernel popped, then another and then another and then the popping started.

The dome stretched to the limits of its design and I removed it. The pop corn was exquisite and perfectly done. It was more than enough for three people to feast on and better yet there were very few, maybe three unpopped kernels.

In the end I walked away still titled the Jiffy Pop Champion of Northrup Creek.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

You pop. You rock. Ergo: you are the king of pop. We have a winner!

7:50 AM  
Blogger mark said...

JiffyPop, JiffyPop,
The magic treat.
As much fun to make
As it is to eat.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Ann Samuelson said...

Thanks, made me smile this morning! My Dad and I used to have jiffy pop when I was a kid, I remember being facinated watching it pop! Proof that it's the little things that make us happy! Make it a great day!

9:37 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, now if I could only learn to dance backwards.

Mark, just don't do the jingle for Thunderbird fortified wine.

Ann, Next time I'll invite you. I only do this in your neck of the woods.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Trop said...

TRUE! We don't have a microwave so our popcorn is old school Jiffy Pop. We also have an electric popper that kinda looks like a flying saucer. It makes the BEST popcorn.

7:36 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Those poppers should be showing up in antiques shops pretty soon.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home