Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guilt With Less Guilt


I’m feeling less guilty about this blog. I admit that I knew I would be going away last weekend, and I considered not posting for a couple days. I almost did it, too, but somehow some ideas popped into my head before I left. Blogger makes it easy where I can set my stuff up to post every morning at 4am as I have been doing for years now. Normally I try to keep five days ahead so in the event I don’t feel like positing; something will be there for the dedicated readers who look forward to read what I put up over their morning coffee while they take their anti depressants. Strange coupling, coffee, antidepressants and Astoria Rust, but it seems to work for many of you.

We got home Sunday afternoon, and I logged in to reply to the readers that have been kind enough to comment over the last few days, but I went no further to have a post ready for yesterday morning. Though I hadn’t written anything I had some ideas of things I wanted to write, but I felt it a good idea to sleep on it and write when ever the hell I got up on Monday. I wrote about the heat and how I can no longer handle the heat. I don’t know how the rest of you in other parts of the country cope with it.

Being in a place with neither WiFi nor cell service for several days does tend to quiet ones mind. Rather than jumping in front of a computer every time my mind has a spark, I instead make a list of things that come to mind. It is a physical list adorned by poor penmanship. My list only consisted of four things upon my return: Camping with Dogs, Hillbillies, Horse Flies and Herman Melville. Topics of which will be featured here in the near future. Don’t groan; I’ll make it work.

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I have faith in you. You could take all four of those topics together and make them work. Actually, that might be pretty funny.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy,
I read your blog most everyday. I learn so much.
Thanks,
a big fan

9:06 AM  
Blogger g said...

I went camping in the blue mountains last week. NO CELL SERVICE, NO CONNECTIONS! It felt great.

7:32 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I'm all out of synch just thinking about it.

6:05 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, That's all I've got.

Anon, glad you can join us.

g, that's why my readership went down 50% last week.

Darev, the only difference is answers don't come instantly.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home