Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Somemores


I just got back from another weekend of camping. As with real life, camping life adds a new dimension in cutting corners to make it all a little easier. Each time we learn what can be done to make things easier the next time we go out. Each time we go out we bring less food, but there are always the absolute essentials; makings for somemores and Jiffy Pop.

Around our camp fire we had one traditional somemore maker and one camping corner cutter. Our friend started by bringing out her Hershey bars, graham crackers and marshmallows and she went to work flaming her marshmallow on the end of a long stick. At the same time the corner cutter brought out chocolate covered graham crackers.

I know some of you traditionalists don’t like the idea of the cut corner, but it really is pretty good. With the traditional somemore there is too much graham cracker and too much chocolate, but with chocolate covered grahams there seems to be a better balance of tastes.

I encourage all who haven’t sat around a camp fire this summer to do so before the rains return. Let me know your somemore stories.

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh...for your next S'Morefest, try fruity marshmallows and various chocolate--my favorite is white chocolate w/coconut, but Reeses cups are fun as are Almond Joys

5:06 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

At work everybody is getting buck fever. It's all they can talk about is going back out in the woods. All of this camping talk is making me want to drag out my gear and head out for a weekend. If I get eaten alive by ticks it's all you peoples fault.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

S'mores.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea what a somemore was so I looked it up in the urban dictionary...cool Guy. Interesting campfires...

A some-more can be achieved only when your pour chocolate on the breasts of a tan female, and then ejaculate on the females breasts. The result should resemble a risqué s'more.

Rena: Hey max, I've been tanning. Maybe we could hangout and make some-mores.

Max: Yeah Rena! Sounds like a plan!


Moose

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My honey invented the inside out smores. Take a marshmallow and poke 2 or 3 m&ms inside then roast it. The chocolate gets gooey warm but doesn't get all over. We generally skip the graham crackers.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Love the M&M's tip...I am going to try it this weekend!

4:55 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I've never been a girl scout so I'm not really with it with the spelling. Good ideas with the M&Ms and Reese's cups.

Moose, Ho Boy...

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home