Friday, August 20, 2010

Drinking


I'm a light weight when it comes to drinking. One drink or beer and I feel stuffed. Oddly in the heat of last weekend a friend visited and brought a selections of Mike's Hard Lemonade in a cooler of ice. It must have been the heat because by mid afternoon I already had two ice cold beers and when she offered me a Mike's I reluctantly accepted the offer.

The first time I tried Mike's I wasn't all that pleased. To me it was a novelty in the order of Zima. However this time the one I tried was the Black Cherry flavor one. I don't know if it was how hot it was outside or how cold the drink was or a combination of the carbonation and the flavor, but I was transported to my childhood where one could find black cherry soda nearly everywhere. This stuff was great. I'm going to need to try it again when it's cooler just so I can see if this stuff was really that good or if I was delirious and just caught up in the heat of the day.

7 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I've yet to try those. I did manage however to get completely hammered off one Samuel Adams this weekend. I was distressed over something and way too hot. Grabbed a beer and slammed it down then realized I had not eaten a single thing all day. Got a really good buzz there for awhile. Drinking and painting are not a good combination.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

that shit's good. we got a case of mixed Mike's and BOB got all but one of the Black Cherry's before I could. They were the best out of the bunch of flavors, and I usually dont like wine cooler type bevvies. I will admit that I liked the fact that at costco, buying a case ends up costing 90 cents a bottle, versus 3.50 if you have one at the pizza place down the street.

1:06 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, atta boy!

Auntie, I'm hoping it is just as good when I'm not hot and thirsty.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Im a jerser girl, remember Kern's black cherry? We took went around the neighborhood to collect the bottles, a nickle a bottle, sweet.

7:42 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Sue, there seems to be some sort of memory of Kerns in my head, but I can't picture it, the letters or the logo. I grew up in Northern Bergen County, where are you from?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Mike's totally depends on the flavor. Try the cranberry!!!

4:35 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I did and it was pretty good, but not as good as black cherry.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home