Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm So Confused


It's not often a musical act confuses me but I've been bested by The Cat Empire. I can't decide if they are Rappers, Salsa, Klezmer, Reggae, a Swing Band, or just an Aussie quasi Folk group. They are good and interesting, and they cover all the musical basis, but I think they'd be more interesting if they would dedicate each album to one style. They are all over the place. Normally this would be great for someone with a short attention span, such as myself, but it just ends up confusing me.

Here a Cat Empire Video

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Well, for a rap-ish song, I was surprised I didn't hate it. Reading your description I clicked the link with some trepidation, but was pleasantly surprised. Those Aussie accents were a bit hard to understand, but the music was fun and entertaining. And like their namesakes, they seem to be into random changes and aren't afraid to go anywhere. Wouldn't be at all astonished to find them napping on the back of my couch. (grin)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Of course, I had to go look...it had Cat in the name!
We all have blessings, each and every day...one of mine is blogging and visiting with you...May your Christmas be Merry and your New Year bright

6:54 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, if you listen to their album it is more cohesive, but still confusing.

Teri, thanks Darlin. You are are so kind.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM!

8:58 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thought you would...

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home