Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ain't Right On The Head



I'm into symmetry. I do my best to make sure the buttons on my shirt line up with the belt and the zipper on my pants. I like to see that my shoes and tires wear evenly. I like things to be balanced, however I have a balance problem that hits me at the core. When ever I ride my horse my wife complains that my saddle is crooked. While I feel centered it's obviously true, a crooked saddle stands out for someone viewing from behind. I do all I can by readjusting it and changing the length of the stirrups, but nothing ever seems to work.

My next problem is with my head. During the rainy season I usually wear a hat when I'm outdoors. I have a couple baseball caps and one stylish full-brimmed hat. They all feel comfortable when I put them on, however whenever I see myself in a reflection the center of my hats are always off to one side. I'll straighten it but as I do the comfort lessens.

So maybe all those people that wear their hats to the side or to the back all have wonky heads as well. I have a new appreciation for them, yet I guess I should be happy my head is only slightly wonky.

2 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

And a warm welcome from all of us who are considered to be wonky, crooked, bent, tweaked, twisted and a little bit off center. Last time i went to the eye doctor she said "Your glasses are bent" and took them off my nose. Then she straightened them and put them back on. After one look she said "Oops sorry" and rebent them again. I guess i just got one of those faces.

7:04 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

We should be charted.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home