Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Camera Dump


My wife and I (mostly my wife) have been sorting through a life collection of cameras,and camera equipment. So far there are something like 36 cameras and boxes of filters and adapters and lenses and we haven't even begun to jump into the darkroom equipment. The hard part is knowing what is valuable because when you look on ebay most film cameras sell for $10, but then there is the rare camera which we are finding some of those. Our home could look like a camera dump, but she is carefully numbering, labeling and listing each camera and each lens.

At least I am familiar with most of the equipment that has come our way, but I'm in over my head when we are dealing with professional movie cameras.

More equipment coming soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Craigslist is your friend, though some of the more exotic photo stuff may have to go to ebay, or apug.org, or rangefinderdorum.com. I sold a Leica M5 on rangefinderforum for several hundred dollars. Thinning the herd is almost always a good idea.

8:07 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Sounds like a possibly lucrative winter project. Unfortunately, all of the stuff I need to get rid of is just common yard sale crap. Most of it will just go en mass to the local salvation army. I'll keep an eye out for anything odd, though.

8:14 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'll keep you posted.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home