Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Candy For Kids


When I stumbled upon this photo I was taken back to my childhood. When I was a kid candy mattered. Candy was an affordable constant that most kids with some pocket change could afford. Most adults look forward to going to going to a pub or out for a meal, but for kids look forward to their next candy bar.

Some candy didn't survive from my generation to the present though some are being offered in retro shops as limited editions such as Bonomo's Turkish Taffy, Chunky and Clark Bars.

Personally I find it odd that 3 Musketeers survived. It is probably the most boring of all candy bars, followed by Mounds. It's strange how placing an almond on top really makes a difference and turns mounds to Almond Joy and makes it not so boring.

It's funny, though I'm diabetic and have changed my diet drastically over the last few years I can't resist the occasional bite size versions of some of these treats when I find them available.

10 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Ah, I love Chunky candy bars (squares?). I can still hear Pinky Lee saying "What a chunk of chocolate."

5:26 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I had a major candy fixation yesterday and gave in to it. Turtles. And too many.....but I got it out of my system.

6:06 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I get a craving for chocolate now about once a year. The rest of the time I can leave it alone. It's a good thing. On the other hand, I have been hooked on life savers for the past few months. I wonder what's up with that?

7:32 AM  
Blogger mark said...

I'll take a plain Hershey bar.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

I always make it a point to let new managers and supervisors know, if they want to get on my good side, chocolate is an acceptable offering.

And dark chocolate, being high in anti-oxidants, is good for you!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah but we got Coffee Crisp!! na na nana na!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Crisp

Moose

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junior Mints, frozen!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups is and always has been some kind'a spiritual experience. And, I'll admit, I had a real addiction to Hot Tamales in my wayward youth.

5:53 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, somehow chocolate with raisins was a bit creepy for me, but I think they did have one that was pure chocolate and one with nuts as well.

Auntie, but for how long? Those turtles will return. We both know that.

Darev, You're hooked on them and frequent visits to your dentist.

Mark, thin and crisp has its charms.

Walt, you expose your weaknesses to your managers? You're screwed but probably well stocked in chocolate.

Moose, I've never seen those. Do they taste like coffee? And why in Canada? You are tea drinkers up there.

Oh I know who this is ; )

Anon, you've certainly mellowed.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

{chuckle} Being the only Payroll person, they don't want to get on my bad side anyway.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home