Monday, September 26, 2011

Google +


As some of the more dedicated followers of this blog know that I am migrating my Astoria-Rust, Guy Who Writes This presence from Facebook to Google+. I know that Facebook is trying to make the leap into the Big Brother Future offering all sorts of rewards, but I see the risks. Also, having to relearn everything every couple months and having to spend lots of time searching for the nice features that used to be there just isn't worth my time.

Sure, there is a certain learning curve with Google + but I'm looking for the stability and lack of monthly surprises.

If you are on Google+ you can circle me by name of Guy WhoWroteThis. If you think Google+ will never replace Facebook, think of all the people who thought Facebook would never out do My Space. Do you know anyone on My Space anymore?

Also, if any of you are friends with my alter ego, he has a Google+ account as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm on Google+, but I don't understand it any better than I do Facebook.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I don't either but have been trying to figure out a little bit more everyday. they also have a cool feature in the bottom right corner that you can hover over a part of the page to get an explanation on what it is and what it does.

as for migrating, i'm still a total facebook addict, but my addiction started to wane with the new changes. Where you go, Guy and your alter ego, I will follow. I'm now known as Sock-Monkey Lady on the +

5:42 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Just to show what a sheltered life I lead, I have never even heard of google+ until now. I abandoned Facebook well over a year ago and quit returning it's phone calls.

5:50 AM  
Blogger g said...

G+ is the shiz

9:32 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

The only thing that I don't like is that G+ will make you use your real name instead of nicknames etc. sooner or later. They caught me two weeks ago and gave me a choice of either using my real name or deactivating my G+ account. Rat Bastards!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hmmm...I might (a big might) check out Google +. I've never been on Facebook or My Space. I fear my addictive tendencies will take over...

12:02 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna and Auntie, take it slowly and it will all become clear.

Darev, do you live under a rock?

g, you always run in the deep end.

Tango, They'll be closing both of mine then...

Beth, Avoidance is addictive as well.

12:56 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

It's a pretty big rock. Did they ever decide who won the civil war? And what's this "internet" thing I keep hearing about?

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home