Monday, September 19, 2011

New Phone


I finally got a new phone. This is the third phone I've had since we got our first cell phones in 1999. I had my last phone for nine years. I used it as more of a watch then a phone. It had features I never used and the new phone has even more features I'll never use.

It has a slide-out key board, though I never text. I don't even check my voice mails. It has a camera which I wouldn't normally use on most phones because in order to use the photos you have to send them somewhere first, where this phone has an SD card that I can remove and put into my tablet or laptop; very cool.

My former phone hung from my belt where I would glance at it when I needed to know what time it was. It was rare that I ever got a call. I can't recall the last time I used my phone as a phone. Perhaps I should have a pocket watch instead.

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Sounds like the way I use my phone.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I need a new phone - I'd ask your opinion about the features of your new one but it sounds as though you don't even use them!

6:00 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

On the other hand if you're abducted by aliens or attacked by nasty skittery monsters in the corn field you can take pictures and call for help while they are devouring you.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

great, now you can learn to TEXT !!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, in a lot of ways we are cut from the same cloth.

Beth, they are cool, the ones I know of: Speaker phone, blue tooth, plays MP3's, records photos either in phone or on card, voice commands, holds a charge for hundreds of hours. The bad stuff is there are no skins for it yet, nor is there a belt clip.

Darev, I wouldn't know who to call in that situation. I know you wouldn't go into a corn field to rescue me.

Auntie, not a chance...

3:26 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

No, but I'm more than willing to stand outside the field screaming "He's in there!"

2:39 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL @ darev...funny how things get stuck in my head. Everytime I drive past a corn field I think about you.

4:52 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Yack! I don't like even being associated with those evil things.

brrr...

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home