Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wilfred, A Show You Should Be Watching


Wilfred was originally an Australian TV show that was created by Jason Gann and Randall Einhorn. Jason Gann plays Wilfred, who happens to be a real dog to all but one person in his life who sees a humanized version with which he can communicate, drink and smoke pot with.

This show has an American version that started airing in June 2011 on FX, though they do play the IFC imported Aussie version every once in a while.

Aside from there being two versions of the show with the American version a more annoying because it is American, the Wilfred character is a total dog. Wilfred pretty much does what he wants when he wants and when questioned why he does things, he'll provide a perfectly natural explanation. Like when asked why he urinated on a drunken bum, he explains that the guy is part of the landscape and that he was marking his territory to include him.

Wilfred is a dog and like all dogs he enjoys the finer points in the things humans find disgusting, such as the smell of excrement, humping stuffed animals, knocking the postman off his bicycle.

This show is dark yet funny and is the best new thing I've seen in years. Here is a clip Wilfred Clip

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm going to go set the DVR right now. As long as it's captioned, I'll give it a shot. Cliff has to have captions.

5:20 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Oh my... That's too much. I may have to send that one around. Got some friends at work that would love it. Thanks Guy!

9:01 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, You would be the last person I'd suspect who would want to see this. But it is a funny show.

Darev, you dog...

5:59 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I can't believe I laughed at that. Oh, hell, yes I can. It reminds me of my boys and the fact we had five dogs at the cottage at one point this summer! I'll have to tell the boys about this show.

3:27 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, it's more than fart jokes. There is a darker depth to this show. You'll have to see it.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home