Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer's Almost Gone


Summer went by quickly this year. We didn't go horse camping all that often. We only went twice; once in June and once in July.

We bought a used pop-up tent trailer last year and each time we use it we find things we want to do to improve it. So far I've replaced the top vent, taken apart and cleaned the plumbing. I had the bearings replaced.

Last week I replaced all the clasps on the cabinets. They were so tight it was hard to open any of them so I replaced them with magnetic clasps. We found that the furnace wouldn't start this year so that is something that needs to be looked into before we go out next year.

I took the bed and seat cushions and brought them into the house so they won't get moldy this winter.

Now it's time to put the trailer out back and tarp it up for the winter. Though it closes up pretty tight with all the wind and rain we get here even a tarp isn't always enough to keep the moisture out.

I'm looking forward to opening it up next spring.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Ack. I need to start winterizing too. Run stabilizer in my lawn mower, put away the outdoor furniture, etc. **sigh** My groundskeeper is never around when I need him. Or when I don't need him either, for that matter.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

Cute trailer!
But since you pull a hayburner trailer, wouldn't a pickup-camper make more sence for you?

10:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, you should hire an ex-con to help. I hear they are resourceful.

Gearhead, We got the pop-up before I got the 3/4 ton and it is really roomy. I should get a combo horse and camper, but I wouldn't navigate my driveway too well. Anyway, I would do that if I had a one ton. 3/4 tons have their limits.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home