Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sounds Bad Doesn't It?


Sometimes I have to laugh and go eeew when certain archaic terms are used. The other day I heard the term "Sexpot." I don't know if the term is still in common use, but it once described someone one who is super sexy, however if you form a mental picture of what a sex pot might look like the term becomes totally repulsive.

Another of these weird terms is "Sex Kitten." This is wrong on so many levels, yet it is still in common use.

Do you readers have any others?

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

A few years ago we had some little street punk who thought he was quite the ladies man. We started calling him "Homieo". He didn't get the reference and our laughter made him mad.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

How about a "Man's man"?
One sharp guy that I used to work with, all of the gals would say, "Now there's a man's man!"
Never understood the meaning.

6:49 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, did he finally get it?

Gearhead, I bet that had a "wink, wunk, nudge, nudge" meaning by the one who thought that one up.

4:45 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I like using old sayings on these young punks just to mess with their heads anyway. I asked one the other day "You think you're just the cats pajamas, don't you?"

All I got was a blank look. And he walked away shaking his head wondering if I had just insulted him or what.

Fun!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Rosa said...

Umm...doughnut hole?

11:55 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Rosa, now that does sound kinky...

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home