Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Over Exposed


There is a new entity on Facebook that claims to expose the under-belly of Clatsop County.    This site became active last Friday and was quickly followed by a similar site for Tillamook County on Sunday.

Though the administrators of this page give no hints as to who they are or what their real intentions are for setting up an inflammatory site such as this.  Many of the people commenting ask who is in charge and no answers come forward.  As a person who does not read any local newspapers or listen to local news, I’m not sure how public or quasi-public or factual any of their posts are, but their editorializing and character assessments are slanderous of people who have yet to be tried or convicted. 

One case in point is a woman featured in Tillamook who the list as “Tillamook's most famous criMILFinal”, please note the word criminal is spelled with the letters MILF which is an acronym of “Mother I’d Like to Fuck”.  I hope her defense attorney is paying attention for this bonanza because her case just got a lot easier to dismiss.  There is no way to solicit a retraction since there is no one to track down, hence no one is responsible or accountable for what is published.  It's hard to sue them for slander.

It seems like this page is put together with some assistance of law enforcement on some level.  I haven’t heard any statements of denial from the Sheriff which surprises me.  I’ve always found the Deputies in this county to be real up-standing professionals.  I’ve never seen them display any vengeful streak and I found them to be down-right compassionate and even have great senses of humor.  I’ve seen them treat criminals with respect.

The problem with these pages is that they are being used as a public pillory with no regards to the presumption of innocence.  It is a place for internet bullies to strike at those without regard to a possible innocence or sincere attempt at rehabilitation.  Records can be legally sealed or expunged, but the Internet cannot.  

I am curious who will be left out of their spotlight.  Will the child of a local Judge and a local attorney be spared?   How about the child of a local newspaper publisher?  How about a local newspaper publisher?  I wait for them to publish something about someone with local power, influence or respectability, though respectability is rarely shared with those with power or influence.

This site shows that the administrators and many of those who comment on this site are the true underbelly of our County.  This is the local equivalent of the Jerry Springer Show.  It is a site of mob mentality and retribution.  I wonder what other ideas they have to humiliate those who are presently serving time for their crimes and those who haven’t even been arraigned yet.

It's really odd to see the commenters propose punishment for the criminals from hanging, throat slitting and shooting them in the head.  It seems the audience has violent tendencies as well and are only one psychotic freak-out from being incarcerated themselves.

I really hope that local law enforcement isn't involved with this site.  If they are they will totally lose my support and respect and this will weigh heavily on any future bond measures for a new jail.

8 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

FYI, if you look at those that comment, I find it ironic that many of them are indeed themselves no strangers to the Clatsop County Jail. One in particular made a comment that I found very ironic......

6:20 AM  
Blogger g said...

There is some interesting information on there. Some of it is also very Jerry-ish. Some of the comments made me laugh. Some comments were downright disgusting.

10:54 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Maybe unfriending the site could send a message.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Allison Wunderland said...

If you had any cojones as a quasi-journalista, you'd publish the URL of the link, or at least a name for a search.

4:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Asshole in wunderland, I thought I told you to go away. I never claimed to be a journalist. I don't want to guide people to those sites, I want to stop people from going to them. I gave enough of a hint in the article to find them so most mouth breathing knuckle draggers could easily crawl from under their rock of delusion and figure it out for themselves.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

and he's ba.aaaaaaack.

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

To the Anon who had a comment awaiting approval and decided to retract it, no problem, though I had the same suspicions at first, but is seems like this disease has now taken form in several other counties, so I really suspect it is a group of sheriffs behind it. I will never vote for a new jail in this county. Also, maybe because of this article several posts on those sites have been removed. The one about the MILF in Tillamook was removed shortly after I published. Stay tuned, more to come.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see there are still some independent and open minded individuals remaining in society.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home