Monday, December 10, 2012

My Robot Friend

I've been meaning to do a piece on Bingo Gazingo for some time now and somehow it all came together recently while listening to My Robot Friend.  I could have easilly done a piece on each, but now they are linked in my head forever.

My Robot Friend is a group of musicians that take the type of music that Kraft Werk did in the later Twentieth Century and upgraded it to the 21st century.
For more info on them and to listen to some of their tracks you can visit their site:
http://www.myrobotfriend.com/

Now Bingo Gazingo was an elderly stream of consciousness poet in New York City who died in 2010 at the age of 84.

Here is a recording of the two of them together and they make a remarkable combination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ1EJG45oWg

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmm... Blogger is being recalcitrant in allowing me to comment.

Very like Kraftwerk indeed! Too bad they didn't do more with Bingo Gazingo before he died. That was an excellent combination.

7:30 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, you are on blogger, have you checked your comment spam folder? I'm getting hit with at least 20 every day. No wonder it is hard to comment... Anyway, if you view other works of Bingo Gazingo on Youtube you will get the feeling that he wasn't particularly easy to work with. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and it was often hard to get him to keep it clean. They were fortunate to get what they did get out of him.

8:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Yup. I'm getting quite a few spams lately. Don't know why they have popped up all of the sudden.

I went and looked at some of his other stuff. Kind of like Zippy the Pinhead with tourettes. Yikes.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home