Thursday, November 08, 2012

A Chess Story

Jerry Seinfeld has a new series called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. It isn't on TV, but it is on the Internet.  It is actually another show about nothing.  It starts with Jerry driving a unique automobile and calling a comedian friend and inviting them out for coffee.  From there they just chat on the way to a cafe, at the cafe and on the way home from the cafe.  The conversations are insightful and at times very abstract. 

The shows run from six to seventeen minutes or so.  Presently there are about ten episodes available, but as the title of this post suggests there is one story in one particular to one show that I am totally fascinated with.  It is the one he did with Seinfeld alumni, Michael Richards and Michael talks about his experience playing chess which I can relate to because I once fancied myself as a talented chess player.  This story also alludes to why I no longer boast about my Scrabble abilities.

See the video here
http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

What a strange concept. Interesting, though. Loved the chess story. Definitely the kind of thing I would expect from Jerry Seinfeld.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

I LOVED it! Hooked.

9:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev,Good TV.

Auntie, maybe it will help you find names for future pets.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap....choppy internet and no speakers while at work. I can't wait to check it out when I get home.

10:08 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, tell your boll I said you can leave now. Though it is 5 to 2 here and that means you get off work in Virginia in five minutes anyway... Enjoy the show.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home