Saturday, July 08, 2006

Overheard (Eavesdropped)



OK, inspired by Syd, I too want to try posting dialogue that I have overheard. Please readers, let me know if you want me to stop.

Overheard in the doctor’s office:

Old Woman: It’s awful, what ever medicine she (the doctor) gives me has the total opposite effect. Sleeping pills keep me awake, pills to wake me up put me to sleep, the pills to help me be regular make me constipated.

Daughter of Old Woman : Well then, maybe you shouldn’t be taking birth control pills for hormone replacement therapy.

They chuckle…

Daughter of Old Woman: I wonder what they will give you if you are ever in pain.

Old Woman: Probably pain pills.




Overheard Skateboard Kids:

Kid #1: Where has Travis been?

Kid #2: He went somewhere to some role playing event, some kind of Dungeons and Dragons shit.

Kid #1: You ever get into that shit?

Kid #2: Fuck NO! That shits only for Goths and fat chicks with red hair.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to consider yourself a curmudgeon as well as a contrarian.

6:33 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I am tortured...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Hey, I'm not fat or a red head, but I do love playing D&D.

10:25 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I didn't say it! It was those damn tweenie skate boarders. Just sounded funny to over hear. Wait a minute...I bet you are Goth? ; )

10:38 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I used to be sorta goth-lite. I was never a total goth chick but I listened to stuff like Bauhaus, and wore Docs and bit of black.

12:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ahh haa! So skateboard boy was right!
You met one of the criterion afterall. But I won't rub it in since you are into sword play and I don't like to bleed.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home