Saturday, October 20, 2007

Suits


I’m really happy in some respects that society has become much more casual. I get away with wearing jeans and Birks or Wellingtons just about anywhere I go. Most of all I get suspicious of people who aren’t allowed to dress casually.

It’s the suits that I don’t like. Let’s face it, if you see someone in a suit approaching you, your entire day will be ruined. Sounds crazy? Well let’s see just who wears suits these days:
The FBI, Religious Missionaries, Politicians, Lawyers, Funeral Directors and maybe your boss.

I can think of no good reason to associate with any of these people or have them in your home. None of these people will ever make your life any better than it already is. If you see one of them walking up your drive way, lock the door and close the curtains.

11 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

"No good reason to associate with...or have them in your home...lawyers..."
I really shouldn't be laughing at this post but I am. (The door is locked.)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Hey, hey, I'd be walking up to your door in a suit - one without pockets, dammit!

7:19 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

When anyone in a suit approaches my house I go for my camera. I like to document their presence, and it seems a good deterrent.

1:20 PM  
Blogger RobbKidd said...

Suits,

I live in Montpelier, the Capital of Vermont and any time you see somebody wearing an expensive suit here, you just know there up to no good. For most of the government officials in VT don't have the money for expensive suits, so those that do stick out like a sore-thumb.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

No suits here usually. Like Vermont, anyone sporting a nice suit is a rich politico or developer with deep pockets. I do concede a little on occasion, but a turtleneck sweater and unbuttoned sports coat are as far as I'll go for ANY occasion.

6:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, I take it your Ex is one?

Lori, if you ever come to visit you better have riding gear.

Good ploy, Rich.

Robb and Mike, The last time I was in New England, 1978 the State Troopers wore flannel shirts. Yep, you're casual.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You got it.
Just re-read this post. And I'm still chuckling.

5:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'm glad you can laugh about it now. Had I posted this last year I probably would have lost you as a friend.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Columbia county, we have laws against suits here.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a chuckle out of this one, Guy. I have a poster in my home that shows a red haired female with her hands over ears, surrounded by men in suits, with the caption: The Suits try to tell her what she can and cannot do." My mother gave it to me many years ago. Even Mom knows I how I feel about Suits. :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Moms know best.

I wonder what the penalty for wearing a suit there is in Columbia County?

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home