Wednesday, January 09, 2008

At First Sight


We are all capable of love at first sight. I think we are all capable of dislike at first sight. Sometimes I have to laugh at my personal shallowness when I come across someone who I name in my head before I actually meet them.

Most people can easily be named after one of the Seven Dwarfs; Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Bashful, Sleepy, and Dopey. When you see them they simply look sleepy or dopey, or… There are two people I know who look like Kewpie dolls. I know one woman who looks like Barbie. She reads this blog, so I may have a boot imprint on my ass after the next time I see her.

Other people look like animals. Some people look like cats, horses or even lizards. There is one person who I see at a local shop who I’ve named Chicken Head because she has this look that reminds me of the way a chicken looks when it is hunting insects to eat.

Some other people have the look of famous people. I have a friend that reminds me of Abe Lincoln, but I won’t tell him that.

There are others that when I see them I imagine them in a certain profession. There is one guy I see who looks like he should work in an ice cream truck. There are people who look like librarians or like they should be on a tractor or work in a craft store.

The worst are those who remind me of anatomical parts like folks with really long cheeks on their faces, they look like ass faces, and the photo above, well you guess what that looks like and what his name would be.

Yes, I am this shallow, but I have to wonder if I’m the only one who does this. I recall how cruel children are having been one and remembering many of the children from my childhood. I remember anyone with a distinct look immediately got tagged with a nick name that has probably stuck with them to this day. If not in reality I’m sure it still remains in their psyches. Fortunately I avoided ever being tagged. I guess I was never unusual or outstanding enough, thank goodness.

I’m sure this article has re-opened some scars out there; sorry. Hopefully it brought back some fond memories as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

You have forgotten about the phenomenon known as people who look like their dogs.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol Guy....no I don't imagine you are the only one to do this kind of thing!! I catch myself all the time making all kinds of attributions about peeps I see and meet....some good, some not so good!! I say "catch" because I think it's a pretty normal thing to do (yes sadly Guy despite (or inspite??) you are normal!)...only I can take it to extremes at times...imagine that...a Gemini taking things to extremes...perish the thought!!! roflmao!!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wearing my boots today Guy. So you better not bend over to pick up any paper in the hallways!

Barbie.......

PS: You look like my ex husband

8:41 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yes, you are shallow - but an amusing kind of shallow.
Scars have been re-opened. I was once referred to as "Chubby Cheeks." I have managed to convince myself that my cheekbones have long since emerged to erase all evidence pointing to that flaw.
(But I still remember that name...)

9:29 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, I also forgot about Mopey.

Boo, normal even for Canadians? I'm shocked ; )

Barbie, I mean Anon, I will be wandering the halls of where you work today. I will watch myself. Your ex-husband eh? It's a wonder you give me the time of day and don't kick me every time you see me.

Beth, I never claim to operate at anything higher than a sixth grade level. I'm sure maturity made your cheeks delightful. Like photographs, faces need to develop. Some ugly ducklings turn into swans yet some attractive children turn into Barbara Streisand.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

No emotional scars torn open here... but I am now terribly curious: Who, or what, would you consider me to look like?
(I'm stumping for Dopey over here.)
;)

1:21 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Having seen the photos you posted on your blog I was thinking Cuttie or Hottie, but the last batch might change you to Drunkie. You know I lurve ya, Mel...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

LMAO!!!! You crack me up, Guy.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home