Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Death Pool 2008



Welcome to the Astoria Rust Annual Death Pool. It wasn’t a good year for gaming from this list. The only ones on the list who passed were Do Ho and Kurt Vonnegut. Who knows about Tony Soprano. That list had such potential, too. Here were the names for last year, though they should roll over onto this years list I think it is only fair to give them the year off.

Death Pool 2007:
Lauren Bacall
Yogi Berra
Jack Black
Fidel Castro
Walter Cronkite
Billy Graham
Andy Griffith
Stephen Hawkings
Don Ho
Alan King
Larry King
Tommy LaSorta
Jerry Lewis
Rupert Murdock
Iggy Pop
Andy Rooney
Micky Rooney
JD Salinger
Pete Seeger
Tony Soprano
Charlie Watts
Kurt Vonnegut

Death Pool 2008:
Woody Allen
Bea Athur
Willford Brimley
Betty Ford
Merel Haggard
Angel Harvey
Paul Harvey
BB King
Jerry Lee Lewis
Ed McMahon
Marian McPartland
The Pope (what ever this ones name is)
Don Rickles
Britney Spears
Margaret Thatcher

Good luck to all who wager on this pool, and for those of you on the list, sorry, but you know you have to go sometime. Why not make it count for Astoria Rust?

16 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

More women this year. Good job. Too bad about last year's list. Not that wishing someone would die is a good thing, but.....this is Guy's world here.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even money says your death pool predictions will be no better than last year.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Amy Winehouse would be at the top of my list.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone posted this to Oregonian...too funny! I gave it a vote, but it needs one more to make it to the front page....

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Lindsay Lohan is not on the 2008 list.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Get Fidel back on there.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Harvey should have croaked years ago. Time for that washed-up, out-of-touch, hypcritical old conservative toad to fade away.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the guy, but Keith Jackson, the announcer for ABC Football games, that's my bet.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Paul Harvey's still alive? Has that been confirmed, or is just a rumor? Bummer!!!!!

1:16 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, I was slapped last year because not enough women on the list, and I'd love to put Castro back on, but I've instituted a rule that if they don't die in the year, they get a year off.

Even, One year on my old site I got 5 out of 10.

Syd, she may have Keith Richards staying power. We'll see.

TH so that's where all the hits came from.

Reader, I don't think she's hit bottom yet. She still looks too normal. But as soon as she shaves her head, she's there.

Anon, and Mike, Paul's wife is really sick and I think they have they type of relationship that when one goes, the other will be right behind. Besides, he sounds like crap, like he's just about to die.

JimmyH, If you read my post today you will see that I have no idea of who you're talking about.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I'd take a little of Syd's action on Amy W. - it'll either be that or her ne'er do well husband will die and she'll hook up with Pete Doherty.

6:23 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

If it wasn't for Syd I'd have no idea who Any is, and I haven't a clue about Pete Doherty.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Well, trust me, hahn is dead ON.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Britney Bitch!

12:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ahhh, Britney, we almost had her last week. The year is still young and there is still hope.

I'm almost wishing I did put Lindsey Lohan on the list, she's drinking again, already...

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going young also with Muqtada al-Sadr. I'm sure there's a bullet or bomb out there somewhere with his name on it.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home