Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dumbassery


Sometimes I’m amazed that people will admit to the stupid stuff they do. Just like in the post the other day when a friend admitted that he crapped on his camo jacket. Had that happened to me I would never tell anyone, yet some people like airing all their laundry.

I don’t know what to call it. It isn’t pride and it isn’t shame. It’s just funny when people offer intimate accounts of themselves lacking foresight, sense or good judgment. Which part of the ego is fueled by such an admission?

In the world of blog it is called “Dumbassery” and thinking back I’ve had a few incidents to report here in the past couple of years. Most people try to cover their dumbassery, and some share to entertain and show they are only human.

A funny thing is that cats are seemingly fully aware of their personal dumbassery. I’ve seen my cat stalking something and suddenly make a grand attempt at a capture that failed. Once on the ground she will extend her back leg and start licking it as though the entire thing I saw was a choreographed a way to position herself for cleaning and nothing more. The bird that flew away in the process had nothing to do with it.

One cool thing about Dumbassery is that it is always blog worthy. If you can't think of something to write about, think back to something in the Dumb-Ass file. We all have one.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I have written many a post that comes from my Dumb-Ass file. But there are so many more dumb-ass events that will never be shared. I have (some) pride.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

I love the way a cat will fall off something in his sleep, shake, lick as you describe, and look at you as if to say "I meant to do that!":):)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

right on about the cats, Guy. Dogs on the other hand were born dumb-asses and will always be dumb-asses without a sense of humor.

I embrace dumbassery and asshattedness. Woo and Yay!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! Ooo! I got one. Errr...ummm...maybe several. Way back in another era, I got a job as a milkman. Yep...what they say about milkmen is true. Anyway...one of my stops was a Chinese restaurant where they took the big 20 liter boxes of milk. The first time I went there, huffing andf puffing up a few flights of stairs, I was greeted by the Chinese cook who rather gruffly said to me "You fuckoffie". Thought I best mind my tongue...new job and all...and put the milk in his dispenser and went on my way. Three days later...same thing..."you fuckoffie" line again. Well third time round, there he goes again "you fuckoffie". I had enough and replied...look buddy...you fuckoffie yourself, okay? No No No...he replied...in his best English...you want coffee?

Moose

5:36 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, awww, come on.

Mike, cats are cool.

Auntie, Dogs can be douches as well.

Moose, I got very little as a mail carrier. So milk man got more action, eh?

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother is a prison guard in the glorious state of Missouri, he makes his living from Dumbasses.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are just too many dumbasses out there.

A person who can poke fun at themselves and their shenanigans is ok in my book. I worry about the ones who can't.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be me....human.
humble loopysandqueen

4:32 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

We sure make life interesting, if not comical.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home