Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cookies


I have several weaknesses, one of which is cookies. I love the damn things. Most guys love beer, or sports, but I have passion for cookies. I do not appreciate it when cookie makers over do it by adding way too much goop such as nuts, chunks of chocolate.

Sometimes cookie makers get it right. Kicki recently gave me some oatmeal cookies for my ride home. Now “The Keeks” is what we’d call “Crunchy. ” She is a granola, and that’s fine, she thinks I’m Crunchy as well, but I was a little worried that she was sharing something that would taste healthy, and we all know that there are few good tasting healthy dishes. I was pleasantly surprised that she made the prefect oatmeal cookie. There were a few raisins and sun flower seeds, but the balance was absolutely perfect.

I love it when people pay attention. A while ago I told a friend that then only way I would like chocolate chip cookies would be if they didn’t put chocolate chips in them. Today this friend brought me a batch of chocolate chip-less chocolate chip cookies.

It seems that some people know the way to my heart; cookies, and good cookies at that. I’m a simple guy. I used to judge a person by their cup cake making ability, but these days all it takes is a good cookie.

To my dear friends who care enough to make me cookies, thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmmmm..... a post-christmas drive-by cookie-ing has popped into my head. Now all I need is an accomplice....

6:31 AM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

"Oatmeal, Walnut, Raisin" cookies from Freddy's.

Can't pass the bakery without one or two packs of those sinful things.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might have to break downa nd make my ultra yummy snickerdoodles.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can have the cookies.
I'll take the beer.
Did you have to bring up knuckleheaded sports.?
In our nation's current economic state, I wish someone would tally the amount of money, energy, time and all other resourses wasted on pointless sports.
And as for the goof ball on the radio, "And the Blazers make another basket,,,BOOOOM-Chuck-a-LUCKA!!!!"
Will someone please shove a cork in his mouth?!!!
Oh,,,Merry Xmas!
:-Q

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Never met a cookie I didn't like. It's sometimes difficult to get a really great cookie, but the real fun is in the searching.

12:12 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, it's a little far, and your sister promised me cup cakes.

Patrick, They are real soft, right? I go through phases where I switch from bakery to bakery.

Anon, since I have no idea who you are it will be unexpected, and I can't hold it against you if you don't follow through.

Dang, Gearhead, I should have know I'd hit one of your buttons.

Mike, a trip well travled is often better than arriving.

7:15 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

i am not really a cookie person, but i make a mean shortbread. send me your address and perhaps one day you'll get some when i'm next inclined to bake!

i also make good cheese biscuits, too.

it's tough cooking and baking when there's no one around to appreciate your efforts, though.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

When we meet, I shall bring you cookies. But, I shall not eat them in front of you.

10:40 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Dalia, your email address isn't listed at your site.

Lori, You know me well, Darlin.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home