Friday, February 27, 2009

YoVille and Other Stuff


OK, Week #1 of Face Book is over. Fortunately I haven’t had to reject any yet, but I’m sure that day will come. I have had to turn away certain advances. For those of you unfamiliar with FB there is a thing where someone can poke you. I’m sure it just means a poke in the ribs, though it may have some other meanings as well. Now, a fellow like me enjoys a good poke every now and then, but I’m kind of weirded out by g’s pokes. G, being a conservative religious type makes me wonder if we will see an “I have sinned” post coming from him one of these days.

The next bit of weirdness is YoVille. Donna is really into this. I suspect YoVille is for people that really would like to be social, but really can’t stand people long enough to actually hang out with them.

So I went to YoVille, got bored and left. Then I went back later and when I got there Donna was in my bed room! WTF? Then I get an invitation to fight her or kiss her. Of all the people that reply to my blog, Donna is living closest to the life style I live. She is into horses, living in the country and I like her taste in music, and I really dig women that can use a computer, but Donna is married and a good Christian woman. Her YoVille character shouldn’t be in my bedroom. What makes it worse is I have yet to find a way to get onto the mattress. I love to take naps, and I think my YoVille character should have that liberty to do the same. Also there are no bathrooms in YoVille. My character really has to go.

Now here is an update on another front. Remember my the new radio in the truck and how I couldn’t get the clock to display? Well I finally figured it out. The instruction manual is a manual for several models and I overlooked the page for the model I have. I finally nailed and also figured how to get somewhat better sound out of it. Now I’ve blown a rear speaker, but fortunately I had one good speaker left from when I replaced the ones in the front. So it’s getting better every day, but not as good as my old system.

13 Comments:

Blogger loopymamain06 said...

O.K. All this "donna was in your bedroom" mattresses and bathroom talk. isn't going to change my mind, I'm not going! I've read the stories of identities being stolen through face book, and then i recently got my debit card numbers hacked, and now banks are selling off their customers information to the highest bidder. You can't make me join yet another ultra easy way for my life to be compromised! Ha
neener neener......ok i went a bit over the edge, But i cant even change laundry soaps.LOL
loopy

4:25 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

Ugh. I lasted a week or two on Facebook. Then quit. Then went back because so many asked where I'd disappeared to. Then I lasted a few days, I think it was. Then I quit forever.

I found out I am definitely NOT social. Definitely.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm beginning to worry about you. You're taking YoVille way too seriously.
And do you have 300 "friends" on Facebook yet?

5:07 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm laughing out loud at this one. Actually, I'm starting to get bored with YoVille, and I'm REALLY bored with MyFarm, where I've gotten incredibly wealthy but have no way to spend my money.

I have bathrooms in two of my three homes on YoVille, by the way. However, my knees won't bend, so I can't use them.

*shrugs*

I run around in my bikini on YoVille so I can get in my hot tub once in awhile; it's too much trouble to change clothes all the time.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I told you, Guy. Hold out for "Super poke" like I do.

And of course as soon as I said that Mr "g" obliged me. ;-)

5:40 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Guy, I don't know how you've held out this long. Luckily, I'm too busy to join FB. My daughter has invited me repeatedly, along with several peeps at work, but I've declined. Got too many irons in the fore to need another thing to fiddle with constantly. And I'm sure if I did, I'd never get Auntie and g out of my hot tub.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Facebook makes me a nervous wreck, all that poking and friending and quizing and now they even have chatting - gak - it's all way too ADD even for me.

I'll stick with blogging.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Uncle Walt said...

I thought YoVille was gonna be some tourist-trap about yo-yos.

1:53 PM  
Blogger g said...

i thought i gave you the antichrist liberal commy poke.

musta pushed the wrong button.

i'm still relatively new to fb.

5:02 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Loopy, Don't be scared, use a fake name, I did.


Kris, the jury is out as far as I'm concerned, but I promised to give it a month.

Beth, I think I'm up to 9 friends and they are all folks that read this blog, no outsiders.

Donna *shrugs?* shouldn't that be *hugs* since you've been in my bed room.

Auntie, g is a poking tramp.

Darev, how can you be way too busy with all the time you spend on the computer already?

Trish, if FB makes you a nervous wrck you should definately stay away from and let your kids drive you crazy instead.

Walt, it kind of is...

g, no, but it was kind of gay.

7:37 PM  
Blogger g said...

you know you liked it.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

YoVille is boring. I have an account, but hardly go there. I'm doing Mob Wars, and that's kind of fun and doesn't take much time. That's the thing about FB, it'll eat your life if you let it. You could spend the better part of a year poking, hugging, throwing a pillow at, giving a wedgie to, Eco racing, sending chocolates to or sending drinks to your friends. You've gotta be discriminating.

12:51 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

My opinion of FB is getting worse every day, so I may be pulling the plug on it soon. I already pulled the plug on Twitter.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home