Saturday, June 06, 2009

Calloused


I do a lot of work with my hands and I always have. I think back to the first time I developed calluses where the base of my fingers meets my palm. I was very young and impressed with myself.

I remember the pride I had when I played guitar as a kid, and I developed calloused fingertips making them impervious to string pain. I’ve also had calloused feet as well. It’s all a part of building up a protective shell around over-used parts.

I find it interesting that some people don’t have calloused asses. How can that be?

11 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

What are you talking about??? I have callouses on my ass :) ....and on my clicking finger

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Some people, however, ARE callous asses !

6:35 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I think I'm developing callouses around my brain. And my ears.... and my butt...

6:49 AM  
Blogger LMC said...

If you can get them from a keyboard I could have one, but sadly I don't otherwise.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I like your Auntie's comment.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Linda, thanks!

I wish I really was his Auntie, for then I would relish in pinching his cheeks and pulling him by the ear when he was in trouble. (which is not all that frequently, but if......)

11:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, I stand corrected.

Auntie, and as you've been know to say at inappropriate times, "Some people are just a-holes."

Darev, you have to have one on your brain where you work.

LMC, Nothing to be sad about. Welcome back, by the way. You've been absent. Bad winter down under?

Linda, Auntie has a lot to say now that she has given up blogging.

Auntie, you mean you were talking about me?

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

of course not, dork-wad! You know I love ya.

6:59 AM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i like callouses and their stories. mine are mostly internal...every once in a while we have a showing.

7:10 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

calloused hands are sexy.

10:50 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Unless they are on your massage therapist.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home