Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Kim and Courtney



It's kind of cool how this blog has brought so many cool people into my life. People whom I would never have had the chance to meet had it not been for the Internet. It all started as words and continued shared common ideas and opinions. We each seem to have Blog Circles in which we travel and commingle. It would be really cool to draw it as a family tree so one could see which branch certain readers reside. Many of my readers and friends come from Syd's blog.

Bloggers, Kim and Courtney came out for an all to short visit. Kim wasn't feeling well when she got to Portland so she had to abandon the hopes to meet up with the Syd Family Portland and Seattle Bloggers, but she felt well enough on Monday to make the trip to Astoria. They arrived after 3pm so I had to give them the quick Astoria Rust Tour. Since they left their camera in Virginia I figured I'd post shots of what we visited in the short tour.

We went to the South Jetty:



Then we continued into Astoria where they were introduced to Chief Condomhead:


Then we started the movie tour and I showed them the Short Circuit house and then the Kindergarten Cop Astor School and then the Goonies House and the old County Jail that was used in Goonies:





Then we went to the Column:


Then they had to see my favorite sign:


Before going home we ended up at the Wet Dog for Dinner:


We stayed up chatting until 10:30 and we all woke up early and had a breakfast with fresh eggs, pancakes and orange slices.

It's amazing but somehow I knew we were going to hit it off and we did, big time. It is so good to have engaging guests. Kim and Court are delightful. Please come back soon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Trop said...

I am completely smitten.

A wonderful visit, excellent in every way.

I don't know if it was the scotch broom or what, but I stopped coughing the minute the plane lifted off the ground at PDX.

I love Astoria, and now I am shaking my head at knowing I passed on a job opportunity there. Should another arise, it will be most tempting.

Thanks for a wonderful time!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Okay, you were across the street from me, I see in your photos and you couldn't even manage a pop in to see Auntie?

Glad they had a fab time! And glad you should them Chief Con-Condomhead.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

With every blogger I’ve ever finally met in person, I’ve immediately hit it off. Blogging is such a great way to get to know (and meet) new people.
Glad you all had such a wonderful time – and great pictures!

7:11 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I'd love to meet some of the folks who visit my blog, as well as those whom I visit. I feel like I know so many of them already and often wonder what impressions they have of me. It's almost kind of scary to wonder. Hopefully I will get back to the pacific northwet so I can meet some of you in person.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

How cool! And I'll admit to being a bit jealous. I have yet to meet anyone in my blogging scene.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Adam Peck-Richardson said...

Can I ask where that sign is? It's pretty amazing?

12:13 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Trop, it was our pleasure, and I think Court will have a real yen for another blue cheese burger soon, so book a flight now. Lovies!

Auntie, We didn't want to disturb your hang-over.

Beth, probably because your blog is based on books and like likes like.

Darev, Donna and Loopy live closer to you than most of your readers.

Zoe, maybe you should organize a blog fest. When Sassy did that a couple years she had about 20 people show up from all over the country.

Adam, The sign is on the gate of a log trucking firm in Astoria, Oregon. I don't fully understand it, but the most recent definition I've had on it reflects the desire not to deal with fire wood or wood chips.

8:23 PM  
Blogger loopymamain06 said...

whoa.....I thought darev was out by you??!
loopy is wrong

3:54 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Loopy, Darev is from here and wants to return, but he is in the mid-west.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home