Monday, August 10, 2009

When You Just Don't Know


I am so thankful for the Urban Dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/
You all know that I am just this dopey blogger; kind of stuck in my old time ways and sometimes my naiveté gets the better of me.

I am reminded of the time when I was writing a post about Televisions so I went out on the Net to search for photos of TVs and I couldn’t understand why all these ugly women were showing up in my search criteria. Then it dawned on me, TVs = Transvestites.

One Thursday I was listening to Liam on KMUN and he played a song by Twink. It sounded cool so I went to Youtube to see if there were any videos by or about them, and all I see is gay men kissing and licking one another. WTF, I had no idea what a Twink was, so I immediately went to the Urban Dictionary to see what sort of culture had again flown over my head.

Thank you Urban Dictionary, you’ve saved me again.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Pam said...

OMG, Twink? Duh, dork!!!

And why no pic today, afraid to go find one? LOL

5:24 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Oops, remedied. I wrote it and figured I'd get around to finding a picture later, and that never happened. And Hey! I live in Astoria, how am I supposed to know what all the hip kids are saying out there?

5:41 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Wish I would have had an urban dictionary back in the 80's when my friends told me that my great dane had "the stimples". Found out it was actually distemper, only by that time it was too late. :(

6:58 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Hee hee hee hee hee! Good thing you've never wanted to post about snowballs or teabags! Yack! Hee hee hee hee!!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL....Glad you brought that up, Darev, so that I didn't have to.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Guy said...

Too funny, I looked up Tango and I spit my coffee when I read #8.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL...WFT?

7:37 AM  
Anonymous jb said...

I even knew that one--and I have always considered you way more "with-it"!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Pamela said...

Guy "with it"??? Ha! Ho!

(choke, gasp, chortle)

Okay Guy, let the name calling begin.(i deserve it)

4:29 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

JB, I'm just a dopey blogger, but thanks for your confidence in me.

Pam, I'm going to let is slide because it is true.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home