Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Only Love Can Break Your Heart



I recently had a post about people you love and it reminded me the difference in loving someone and being in love with someone. Neil Young sang “Only Love Can Break Your Heart” and that is the real definition. If your heart was broken; you were in love.

This brought to mind a woman I suppose I was once in love with. I guess you fall in love and have to climb back out and my heart was broken.

She had soft dark red hair, which I thought was a unique color to her and her alone, but after our break-up I’d see people with her hair color and style everywhere. I thought she sitting in front of me in a theater one night; it was someone else. She was the woman in the elevator, the woman sitting in front of me on a plane. Everywhere I went there seemed to be someone that looked like her.

I finally got over it and her one night when I was invited to dinner at the home of two friends. After dinner their Irish Setter came into the room. The Setter had the same color hair as she had. I thought to myself, “So this is what it’s come to? I’m seeing her in a dog.”

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh my God, I went from, “Isn’t this a romantic, touching post from Guy?” to laughing out loud at the Irish Setter bit!

5:26 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Ya gotta watch out for those redheads. They'll break your heart every time. And the women are twice as bad.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL

11:13 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, After all these years you should expect the rug to be pulled from under you when you come here.

Darev, My favorite horse was red as well.

Tango, are you laughing with me or at me?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm no stranger to hair dye.....and thinking on it....my hair has always matched my animals. I had blonde hair in high school....and a buff cocker. Now I have a Golden Retriever who is more red than golden, and I have.....red hair.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

...i'm still waiting to hear your Neil Young story...

7:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Amy, good thing I got over her or I'd be falling for you, that is until you colored your hair.

Teri, I need to check on the statute of limitations.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

j'aime beaucoup les poiles de carotte!

8:57 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I love it when you say those things to me.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home