Sunday, November 08, 2009

Crazy


If you think about it, over our lifetimes we have all met more than out share of people that are absolutely bat shit crazy. We’ve probably even considered ourselves bat shit crazy from time to time. It is usually obsessive behavior that is the key indicator in this determination.

Though obsession is the basis for a lot of comedy, sometimes obsession is more frightening than comedy will allow.

I’m sure this has happened to us all at one time as well; where we were stuck somewhere with a crazy person. We are their captive audience. They could be in the seat next to you on a flight, or next to you in a waiting room for a medical appointment. Maybe it’s the captivation which leads to Stockholm syndrome, but somehow these people start making sense. Sometimes you can see a beam of genius shining out from their torment. Sometimes you can walk away with a new perspective on life.

Then again, sometimes you still want to gnaw off your leg and change seats.

11 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

is that why you have that prosthetic arm?

6:01 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I could tell you stories about crazy that would uncurl your hair. I've posted a few of them, but not all. And yes, I do think it's rubbing off.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Whew, I'm glad someone recently told me..."never thought of you as the crazy cat lady-always referred to you as the cute, completely harmless lover of felines lady" or I'd think that you might be referring to me, especially with that picture.

I think public transportation is where I meet most of "those" people, like recently in St Louis...

8:38 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Another situation where being antisocial is not a bad idea! See? Win/Win!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal since early childhood was to be the crazy lady all the neighborhood kids dare each other to run up, ring my doorbell and run away. I was well on my way until I moved up to a rural area where most of the houses have bat shit crazy people in them. Now sadly, Im pretty much the only normal perosn on my road.

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, Yep, chewed it clean off.

Darev, you are in the crazy business so you have an unfair advantage over us pedestrians.

Teri, you're projecting, babe. Just how many cats do you have? I may need to reassess you. By the way it was going to be either this picture of the Simpsons Cat Lady or the Bus Driver on South Park with birds in her hair. The cat lady looked crazier to me.

Amy, I hope that being anti social doesn't turn you into a crazy woman, but it may already be too late... : )

Anon, This is Columbia Critter, right? Honey, you are well on your way. However for now your livestock takes the spotlight from you. You will shine again, trust me.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

...just 5 currently, though they would probably love it if I had birds in my hair...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Trop said...

My ex-husband is the nicest man you'd be likely to meet. He's also the craziest person you're likely to ever meet.

4:27 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Teri, you are on the cusp of crazy. A sixth will push you over.

Trop, that is so sad. He was brilliant before he started slipping, so the brilliance is still there. So sad.

8:14 PM  
Blogger dalia said...

lately it's all i seem to be dating, these days...

3:08 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Dalia, It might just be Montreal.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home