Monday, November 09, 2009

PIA


Fortunately I spend a lot of time alone. This way when I find something really amusing and I start laughing to myself or at myself, no one is there to view me as a lunatic. It happens pretty often. Sometimes if I am driving I have to pull over until I can get a grip.

Unfortunately, when I am with people I have to stifle my laughter because most times the things I laugh at are so bizarre that I wouldn’t want to explain to people exactly what was amusing me. If I did explain my laughter and thoughts I’d find myself alone more often, which could be a good thing I suppose.

This morning I was fortunately alone when I got to laughing about the phrase, “pain in the ass.” How often have you heard this phrase? Probably several times a day, but if you think about it, it is a pretty funny thing to say. Though I’m sure that having a pain in ones’ ass must be a miserable thing, it perfectly describes people and external situations quite well. It isn’t terminal, just inconvenient. It’s a pain in the ass and that says it all, even the comedy of it says it all in a funny way.

9 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I prefer to be a pain in the ass, rather than have one. And I often laugh about that. It's a calling.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Two days ago, I'm standing in the kitchen and I get a cramp in my butt muscle. I must have made a face, 'cause the hub asked what was wrong. After he got over his case of giggles.......*shakes head*

8:33 AM  
Blogger g said...

you and i in a room would fill said room with much bizarre laughter.

7:18 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev,That's what you are paid for.

Amy, I'm liking your husband. I bet you did a dance as well.

g, we'll have to do that some day. I've got an idea, we should do it at a Port Commission meeting.

8:19 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Oh yeah, I could just see you and g loose at a port commission meeting. Will you video tape it please?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous dalia said...

*koff* crazy! *koff*

ahem.

pardon me.
there was something stuck in my throat.

10:00 AM  
Blogger g said...

i've considered this on many occasions. the consideration always ends with me being hauled away by the local authorities. hunsinger would shoot his mouth off, pfund and holcom would nod their heads yes, and my bizarre laughter would erupt.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed a port meeting today. Why? I had a pain. Numerous pains. Giggling certainly would have helped.

9:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Dalia, me?

g, I'm sure they'd come for you before me.

Anon, the Port is a pain in a lot of our asses.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home